[Release] Philodox

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
New track, kinda softer pretty electro, not sure on the genre. But here it is, lmk what you think :)

https://soundcloud.com/djvoid-official/philodox
I like it, the content speaks to me, but (according to me ...) the rendering is still raw, needs to be polished more.
In other words, I would say that the track lies between the sketch and the finished work.
Well I am new here, and admittedly not nearly as accomplished as a musician/composer as many who frequent this wiki.

So feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt. :D

But one observation that you may find useful.

First let me say the song is good, it has reasonable structure and has potential as a good composition.

I agree with @D.Ipsum about it needing engineering polish.

But this critique is less about the engineering than the it is about the composition. One thing I had to work toward when I started writing songs ( other software, coming from much less control, simpler tools that came with Anvil Studio ) is when I started developing some musical chops, my palette of ideas so to speak, I had to force myself not to unleash every trick I had on every song that I put together. My music came out sounding sophomorish, a menagerie of musical technicalities mashed together in the hope of spinning something amazing - i.e. composition-wise. Although I feel that is not the case in your work, not to the degree that I suffered ( it took over a year for me to build the courage and refine my sounds enough to let anyone hear what I was doing ). Your work feels much more controlled than where I was when I started out, but it still, to me, feels like it includes more musical verbage than is needed to convey the idea and the feeling that I presume you are aiming for.

One of the best pieces of advice that I have ever heard, it was in a interview from an accomplished musician to an aspiring student, is that music is composed of sound and no sound - and having no sound, where to put it, how to use the absence of sound, is just as important as having sound to begin with.

You have wonderful ideas and I like your sound very much. I do think though that along with balancing the volume and other engineering aspects, you would benefit from balancing your phrasing and vocabulary - say what you want musically, but no more, then give your listener time for the musical thought to settle in before making other statements and you will get much more from your musical vocabulary. :-)
Music as a way to invest a silent space-time continuum with what resonates in us, something like an eternal reflective mirror game. :)
Ahhh. Plenty good advice, given by the musicians, above my post. :)

As for the track,.....Good track. And of course, I like the piano as always.
The piano sounds good as it is. The snare has nice sound, but, it needs a bit more volume? Hmmm.

But I agree with the others, it needs a bit more fixing up, so it'll sound cleaner and brighter. :)