Sad Days - Brazilian Political Theme

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Debussy and Ravel were the roots to bebop jazz harmony and without them, Tom Jobim, Piazolla, Thelonious Monk and others were not possible...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUx6ZY60uiI
Given my streaming problem, I just read from the Wiki page devoted to it. It is a period that I greatly appreciated for drawing / painting / sculpture.

On occasion I will listen.
claudiocaldas wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:20 pm
Hello everyone !!

In my country, Brazil, there is a lot of barbarism against people.
Two days ago, ex- President Lula was sentenced, without evidence by a judge who makes his decisions by political criteria. At the same time, the usurper Temer remains in the presidency buying up deputies and senators, despite the evidence against him. I decided to make a song about it ...

The original lyric with its rhymes are in portuguese. Below is a translation...

Sad days (Music and lyrics by Cláudio Caldas)

That's another new day.
Hope, nostalgia
New time, our children
Working in these rails
For the murderers' flesh
Where is the milk, boys?

Stolen your rights
The subjects were mistreated
Raimundo and Maria
Getting lost all day
For the murderers' flesh
Where is the milk, boys?

The Earth, all the salt, the train
I ask, are they for whom?
In the world we only saw
Much pain, idolatry
The agony was big.
In the poor religion
The shepherd was the villain
Justice, persecution
They are robbing the nation

Passed another day
Where was the joy?
Always great challenges
Sweat, blood and shivers
For the murderers' flesh
Where is the milk, boys?

https://soundcloud.com/claudio-caldas/tristes-dias
I'm listening to this, on my speakers.
Cool 80's bass sound.
Using it for the bass melody, was a good idea and it made it sound cool too.

Yep, there seems to be a slight bit, too much reverb/or resonance on the vocals.
Other than that, everything seems fine.

Listening to this track, reminds me a bit of those 80's tracks, where you had a nice
80's style bass, a singer singing in a sullen voice and had a powerful surreal pad sound
playing in the middle ground.
Hi, brandystarbrite and D.Ipsum! You win! I've made modifications to the file. I lowered the reverberation of the voice a little and put a suitable ambience approaching the instruments.
The new file is available on soudcloud.
[Url] https://soundcloud.com/claudio-caldas/tristes-dias [/ url]
What do you think of the modifications?
Hey!

Yesterday I listened to your tracks with headphones.
Now I listen to what comes out of the speakers.

Well, that's just my appreciation:
- in the first version, I find that there is too much reverb in the voice.
- in the second version, I find that a very little bit of reverb is missing in the voice (but if I have to choose between the two versions, I prefer the reverb management in this second version).

In the second version:
- I notice that the timbre of the lead synth which appears around 00m15s has changed (on this point, I like both versions).
- it also seems to me that the average volume has slightly increased.
- this version seems more compressed than the first one (it's not a problem for me).
- at times, I perceive saturation in the voice (well, it seems that Soundcloud operates a conversion of the files, in addition, I downloaded the music via a third party site, which could also reconvert the files ... So It is possible that there is no saturation on the original ...).
- regarding the pad, the volume is significantly higher in this version, may be a little bit too high, I don't know.
- I also notice that the triangle that appears in the middle now plays until the end, I think it's better. I like this triangle (in fact, I like the sound of metal objects).
- towards the end of the song, we find the synth lead. But here, there is the version with the original timbre followed by the modified version. To go further, I would see a morphing between the two : a gradually transformation from the original timbre to the modified one (so via automation if you use the same plugin).

What else?

At most I listen, at most I appreciate it. I especially appreciate the construction, the structure of the track. This is a point I often block on my own tracks.
Thanks for your opinion, D.Ipsum!
But I think the file is balanced now...
Yes, I'm exaggerating ... :D
Not much I can add other than it was well put together! I particularly liked the synths toward the end. It's gonna be in my head for a while. What is the milk in reference to?
Hi, runekae! Thanks for your words!
And milk is a metaphor for the essentials resources for life like bread, milk, home, etc...
I used NK 1001 synthesizer.
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=240
claudiocaldas wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 am
Hi, brandystarbrite and D.Ipsum! You win! I've made modifications to the file. I lowered the reverberation of the voice a little and put a suitable ambience approaching the instruments.
The new file is available on soudcloud.
[Url] https://soundcloud.com/claudio-caldas/tristes-dias [/ url]
What do you think of the modifications?
It sounds much better now.
But it seems, that you turned down the Reverb, a tiny tiny bit too much.
However, this version does sound, alot better than the previous version. :)