Experimental music producer sharing work

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:11 pm
Symbient wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:13 pm
Just finished another track. And another track bites the dust.
https://soundcloud.com/user-376803246/fractal-enzymes
Good atmosphere in Molecular Biology. On this track, maybe because of the mix, my attention is more focused on the drums than on the pads. These drums are a little too dry of fx, hard to maintain my attention.

Earth is nice too, I would listen to it outdoors, so that the sound mixes with the natural ambient, meadow, trees, wind, locusts, birds, ...

Moonflares, ethereal, still a favorable track to the harnessing, to the contemplation.

Fractal Enzymes, a dynamic range reduced to the minimum :lol: Nice one.
Thanks for the analysis, greatly appreciate, in future I will do more work on mixing and mastering.

Here's another one, this one is trap influence electronic track.
https://soundcloud.com/user-376803246/droplets
Also I remade Earth with forest ambience. Here you go,
https://soundcloud.com/user-376803246/earth
Symbient wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:26 pm
Oh yeah, it changes everything, I find this version much more engaging.

People living in the city will be delighted :D
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 pm
Symbient wrote:

Yes, I agree, really small things, (big things, nature) make a radical difference, I think it belongs here and for the song is a success. But this one was mode wholly on Yamaha E443 synthesizer and for recording software audacity. I think we should add a sub forum here for music made with other gear than LMMS. Or maybe I will just go to linux musicians. But oh so quiet there. This forum is vibrant and alive, nice to see people are supporting each other and giving applauses and suggestions.
Symbient wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Symbient wrote:

Yes, I agree, really small things, (big things, nature) make a radical difference, I think it belongs here and for the song is a success. But this one was mode wholly on Yamaha E443 synthesizer and for recording software audacity. I think we should add a sub forum here for music made with other gear than LMMS. Or maybe I will just go to linux musicians. But oh so quiet there. This forum is vibrant and alive, nice to see people are supporting each other and giving applauses and suggestions.
Long live to LMMS and its forum!
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:59 pm
Symbient wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 am
D.Ipsum wrote:

Long live to LMMS and its forum!
Indeed! this forum has got the right https://soundcloud.com/user-376803246/momentum

Ahoy! :)
I am a big fan, Symbient - you are making cool stuff. Very atmospheric. I also would like to go in this direction.
I agree it is hard to get everything with LMMS (I am not too experienced to do these kinds of strong claims but I heard on other forums), especially for people who want to get a specific kind of sound (like Autechre, Monolake or Aphex Twin). Also, open-source programmes do not have such a big tutorial/workshop/textbook support.
I also like this forum because it's music-focused, people are nice there is no trolling.
Also, you can consider posting every single track separately on this forum because they definitely stand out from the crowd. More people will listen to your music. And write a bit more about them too :)
PPNDP wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 pm
I am a big fan, Symbient - you are making cool stuff. Very atmospheric. I also would like to go in this direction.
I agree it is hard to get everything with LMMS (I am not too experienced to do these kinds of strong claims but I heard on other forums), especially for people who want to get a specific kind of sound (like Autechre, Monolake or Aphex Twin). Also, open-source programmes do not have such a big tutorial/workshop/textbook support.
I also like this forum because it's music-focused, people are nice there is no trolling.
I appreciate your words buddy, I will take time to listen your production.
BoC is one of my favorites from the genre of complex electronic music. Autechre is definetly one of a kind jewel in the industry.
Also my influences include, Kilowatts, Bluetech among many others.
But after all I want to make my sound unique that is the point of these creations.
Maybe one day we can create LMMS record label. Right now I have many projects coming including classical music compositions on musescore so I am unsure to where to put my resources into. It's kinda dispersed now and someday I may concentrate in electronic music more. I think there are many advanced producers in the scene. Keep them coming. D.Ipsums work is very interesting, you should check it out. Also Dewke creates golden pieces. simpleworks music is cool.

The open source community is constantly evolving with warm hearted good people, and so this is surely worth your time. 8-)
Symbient wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm
PPNDP wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 pm
I appreciate your words buddy, I will take time to listen your production.
BoC is one of my favorites from the genre of complex electronic music. Autechre is definetly one of a kind jewel in the industry.
Also my influences include, Kilowatts, Bluetech among many others.
But after all I want to make my sound unique that is the point of these creations.
Maybe one day we can create LMMS record label. Right now I have many projects coming including classical music compositions on musescore so I am unsure to where to put my resources into. It's kinda dispersed now and someday I may concentrate in electronic music more. I think there are many advanced producers in the scene. Keep them coming. D.Ipsums work is very interesting, you should check it out. Also Dewke creates golden pieces. simpleworks music is cool.

The open source community is constantly evolving with warm hearted good people, and so this is surely worth your time. 8-)
I also love Boards of Canada. I think they are first on my list of my favourite electronic musicians. The second is Four Tet. Similar in terms of the 'warmth' of the sound. Have you heard his last album - 'New Energy'? Amazing, and made only using minimal hardware: just laptop and MIDI keyboard - what may be inspiring. No idea though what kind of software he is using.
I am just beginner, so it's not really worthy to look at my stuff, they are just some motifs :)
And yes, definitely D.Ipsum and Insonico are making cool experimental stuff using LMMS. Dewke is also making the cool house with LMMS!
Do you have some classical music/composition education?