Desperate / Existential question tracks

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello.

So tonight I was feeling very bad and made this up in 1 hour.

Hope you'll get as well this oppressive feeling (but not for too long, there's also a surprise hidden in the track)

Thanks for comments and appreciation

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/marvin-shmn/void
This is quite an unusual track dude.
I have no idea how to describe it, but I do a get a dullish/gloomy feel, while listening to it. :)
I guess you did well there. :)
Thanks a lot :)

Yes I wanted to give some impression that the universe is so huge and that a mere human being is lost and does not understand. This kind of thought I do when I feel lost and in despair.

It was designed to stay dark and gloomy all track long, but then I wanted to try the minor 7th chord in the end, and it sounded more positive, hence the positive outcome of it all.
Nice thing because it gives some sort of hope, as epic musics about Northern war do.
qantuum wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:57 pm
Hello.

So tonight I was feeling very bad and made this up in 1 hour.

Hope you'll get as well this oppressive feeling (but not for too long, there's also a surprise hidden in the track)

Thanks for comments and appreciation

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/marvin-shmn/void
Apart from a big hole at 4282 Hz, I did not find anything. Can you give a clue about what is hidden? Steganography? Subliminal message? Morse (I do not know if this term is used for what I mean)?

Otherwise, yeah, the track is not very cheerful, but it is :)
The surprise was the end of the track when the major chord (and the hope) pops out
Have you by any chance ever played the game "Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow" for GBA? The combination of melancholy organ sounds with the total eclipse artwork you paired with it makes me think very strongly of that game. It's one of my favorites-awesome game and great, memorable music.

I dig this deeply.
qantuum wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 pm
The surprise was the end of the track when the major chord (and the hope) pops out
Ha ha, when I read that a surprise was hidden, my imagination was carried away :lol:

Otherwise, I am unable to say whether a chord heard is major, minor or otherwise (although I know that the difference is in the third).
Foggy wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:30 pm
Have you by any chance ever played the game "Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow" for GBA? The combination of melancholy organ sounds with the total eclipse artwork you paired with it makes me think very strongly of that game. It's one of my favorites-awesome game and great, memorable music.

I dig this deeply.
Never played any Castelvania game, currently listening to bits and bobs of the OST (now is "Clock Tower")
Not bad at all, I can totally see where my artwork matches the game's intro screen, now that I watch some test on youtube.
I feel all cheered that you compare my stuff to video game stuff.

Video game music is the most obsessive music I've heard (when the OST is well done though)

And D.Ipsum no problems mate :)
I cannot always distinguish a minor from a major either, but I like paying attention to it now. Usually, minor conveys sorrow, while major conveys joy. If you hear a very sad track, then you can imagine it's been done in minor.
Hey all

I use this topic one second time since I've made a track that sounds similar to the one I presented first (Void)

It's located here,
https://soundcloud.com/marvin-shmn/a-ri ... melancholy

Enjoy.
Cheers
From the second gun shot :o
I was reassured :)
It was not a suicide :D

By the way, how is your relationship with others? :evil: