Emancipation dub

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Yop,

This week, I decided to got back to the drums/bass/guitars roots of dub:
https://soundcloud.com/user-121938440/emancipation-dub
(with the help of an eminent guest for the voice)
Yep,

The dreams in color seem to me more adapted to this day than the dreams in black and white.

Nice track.
I'm not a fan of the rendering of the reverb on the voice.The voice seems to come from a small enclosed space.
It soundin' good mun. 8-)
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:43 am
I'm not a fan of the rendering of the reverb on the voice.The voice seems to come from a small enclosed space.
The voice sounds very different in LMMS, and in the MP3 file I created. It seems that soundcloud re-encodes the files since the hi-hat sound is also quite different in all the tunes I uploaded (clipping?)

Maybe I should upload WAV files instead of MP3 files....any clue on this topic?
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:37 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:43 am
The voice sounds very different in LMMS, and in the MP3 file I created. It seems that soundcloud re-encodes the files since the hi-hat sound is also quite different in all the tunes I uploaded (clipping?)

Maybe I should upload WAV files instead of MP3 files....any clue on this topic?
I don't know what treatment Soundcloud applies.

On Soundcloud I put all my tracks in mp3 320kbps. I also notice some differences in high frequencies.

Before publishing anything on Soundcloud, I use Audacity to normalize (-0.3 or -1dB, I can not remember) and convert to mp3. Then I check that the conversion does not generate clipping (I noticed that clipping happens on hard-limted sounds).