7th song, 'Anaxita' - I tried some bass effects

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://soundcloud.com/skyeye-mccix/anaxita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adypxxvO060

I made this track with attention to the bass sounds and such, it's only my 7th song, so naturally it won't be much at all. However, I feel confident that the melody is nice and the bass is effective.

Any thought? Constructive feedback, positive or negative, is welcomed.
There are some interesting things. Structurally, it works. The drums sound good. Bass also found its place. I am less convinced by the chords used, I find that they sound strange, but I can not explain this.

I wonder what other forum members might say.

In any case, I am quite impressed because my first track was a loop of 5 bars ... My second track is a desolation. I erased my third ... My reaction when I listen to my fourth is "what the fuck is that ?!". Etc. I put a lot of time before making something with Intro + some parts + Outro. :lol:
This is quite an interestingly made tune.
It's as if part of the tune, tries to sound uplifting, but some of the melodies
go in the opposite downlifting direction.
It's kinda difficult for me to explain. But overall, it doesn't sound bad at all. :)
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 pm
There are some interesting things. Structurally, it works. The drums sound good. Bass also found its place. I am less convinced by the chords used, I find that they sound strange, but I can not explain this.
The chords I used were major chords where the base note corresponded to an octave below the second note of the lead in the bar the chord was played in, I really haven't much experience with chords so I figured nothing could go wrong if I used chords based on the lead.

Well I guess I have some rethinking to do!
SkyEyeMCCIX wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:49 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 pm
The chords I used were major chords where the base note corresponded to an octave below the second note of the lead in the bar the chord was played in, I really haven't much experience with chords so I figured nothing could go wrong if I used chords based on the lead.

Well I guess I have some rethinking to do!
It is rather the progression of chords that I find strange.

But it is possible that I am the only one who finds this strange.

Maybe other people will say something.