My Newest Track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I would say it is the best track i have found in this forum so far! Totally my aesthetics! in respect of general mood reminds me my favs Aphex Twin and BoC. So good, it should last a bit longer :)
PPNDP wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:06 am
I would say it is the best track i have found in this forum so far! Totally my aesthetics! in respect of general mood reminds me my favs Aphex Twin and BoC. So good, it should last a bit longer :)
Thank you! I'm very happy people liked it. :D
Well, I do enjoy Aphex, but haven't heard him in a while. I've been getting into Flying Lotus in the last year or so. His music is just so rich and vibrant...

Anyway, thanks for the nice comments! I hope to upload more music soon(ish). :lol:
I actually find this pretty soothing in an oddly different way.

I definitely loved that melody you incorporated at 1:09!

So good :D
I loved this track

I cannot describe how or why but it just comes good at every moment

thanks

now listening to "cascade", it is great so far

"Helicopter" is also cool

i need to learn how to mix good drums like you do

cheers
Smoking Shadows wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:16 pm
I actually find this pretty soothing in an oddly different way.
I definitely loved that melody you incorporated at 1:09!
So good :D
Yes, it's strangely calming despite the crazy drums, isn't it.
Thanks for the nice comments! :D
I loved this track
I cannot describe how or why but it just comes good at every moment
thanks
now listening to "cascade", it is great so far
"Helicopter" is also cool
i need to learn how to mix good drums like you do
cheers
Oh thanks! I'm glad you like them. :D
I'm far from mixing as well as I wish I could. But, for the most part, it does the job. haha
insonico wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:25 pm
D.lpsum
I'm glad you like them. :)

PPNDP:
Well, I didn't want the drums to get too crazy, you know. I think they could have become an incoherent mess pretty easily. hahah
So that's why I didn't do too much variation with the beat itself.
I am restoring up the topic!
What kind of effects did you use to get this kind of drums in the beginnings? (sorry, I am so bad in recognizing it now)
Do you use only instruments/ VST from LMMS or samples too?
I don't even know if these kind of questions are suitable, it may be your secret ingredient :)
Yeah like I said, for the drums I simply used a chorus effect and messed with the feedback knob. That's how I got that sound. ;)
As for synths, the one I use the most is called Tethys 2. Which isn't native but it's a greatly versatile free VSTi.
In other tracks, I have also used native samples and synths. Triple Oscillator, Nescaline and Vibed come to mind.

I don't restrain myself to LMMS-specific samples and instruments, but I only use free stuff. Every now and then I visit VST 4 Free, which is a great place to find those. :D