My Newest Track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Once again it took longer than I wanted, but...

https://soundcloud.com/insonico/attack-release

...one has gotta work after all. :|

Hope you guys enjoy it.
This is one cool sounding track man. :D
That start up intro is nice.
And that part, from 1:09 secs onwards, that leads into the basslike sounding melody
sounds really cool man. 8-)

A really enjoyable tune. Nice work. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:09 am
That start up intro is nice.
Thanks. It's kind of odd, right. But I quite like it too.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:09 am
A really enjoyable tune. Nice work. :)
Thanks for the nice comments, Brandy. I'm glad you liked it. :)
Yeah! It's just excellent dude!
Your percussion score rips!

My day ends very well with this one :lol:

EDIT :
I'm curious, what instruments do you use? Samples, VSTi, LMMS synths?
According to the title, I suppose you automate the volume envelope?
Thanks D.Ipsum! Glad you liked it.

Well, on this track (as well as most of the others) I use this great free VSTi called Tethys 2. I'm guilty of using it probably way too much, to be honest. hahah
But I like it because it's really really versatile. All the different melodies, and chords and also the bass on this song all come from this one plugin.

And yes, I messed around the envelope a whole lot with all the different parts. But the automation was used with the drums. Despite the crazy sound it makes, it's just chorus where I automated the feedback knob. Turning up the feedback knob makes the drums spastic and loose and turning it down makes them tight and contained.

Aside from that, I also used a low pass filter on the drums at the beginning and end of the track.
I did not know this VSTi, you seem to master it well.

And what you did with your drums, for me, it's bomb!

On your Soundcloud, it's eclectic so far, a universe well varied. Do you have other worlds in stock?
D.Ipsum wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:02 am
I did not know this VSTi, you seem to master it well.
Man, it's really really good for a free VSTi. But I'm still learning with it. :)
D.Ipsum wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:02 am
On your Soundcloud, it's eclectic so far, a universe well varied. Do you have other worlds in stock?
Well, yes, I'd like to keep things varied. I'm not really going for a specific genre and I like to experiment, you know.
So, yeah, I hope so. :D
I think I'm pretty eclectic too :lol:

I particularly like your last three.
Really cool! I would try to experiment a bit more with a beat. But how you compose those synths is really enjoyable!
D.lpsum
I'm glad you like them. :)

PPNDP:
Well, I didn't want the drums to get too crazy, you know. I think they could have become an incoherent mess pretty easily. hahah
So that's why I didn't do too much variation with the beat itself.