Another beat to critique ;)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi 8-)

Recently I posted my first hip hop beat here and the feedback was really helpful (thanks guys :) ). So I've put as much of it as possible into practice in this new beat:

https://soundcloud.com/user-969609103/trust-the-empire

I'd really appreciate some feedback. Brutality is warranted as long as it's constructive :P
Nice beat!
Yop,

Things I like:
- the mood
- the melodies
- the sounds

The thing I like a bit less:
- The breaks are a too long. Around 2:30 for exemple, you have more than one minute without beat. If we agree that hip-hop is a dance music, you lost the dancers, they felt asleep.

In conclusion: a very nice tune to listen to, but not a tune to dance on.
"Trust The Empire", yes, obey :evil:
Sorry, I threw up.

:lol:

Otherwise, nice track, good atmosphere.
insonico wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 am
Nice beat!
Thanks dude
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:38 am
Yop,

Things I like:
- the mood
- the melodies
- the sounds
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:38 am

The thing I like a bit less:
- The breaks are a too long. Around 2:30 for exemple, you have more than one minute without beat. If we agree that hip-hop is a dance music, you lost the dancers, they felt asleep.

In conclusion: a verynice tune to listen to, but not a tune to dance on
Aah yeah i didn't realise that actually, thanks for pointing it out.

I'm just experimenting with music at the moment, so it tends to be a mishmash of genres. And then it's hard to categorise my tracks 😂 Hence why I ended up calling this a hiphop track when in reality, you're right, it's not really, since it's not dance music. My intention in adding the break is for listeners to focus on the lyrics of the verses. Ofc that didn't come across cause there are no lyrics yet haha

But yh I definitely take your point :)
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:00 pm
Sorry, I threw up.
Yeah it was meant to be ironic but obviously that didn't come across 😂 (that's why the track picture is an 'empire' containing a devil thing). The idea is that the verses reflect a kind of empirical majesty, juxtaposed with the creepy breaks that portray a dystopian type society. Making the listener question whether they should really trust the empire.
Obviously that didn't come across though so I'll need to work on the portrayal of my ideas through music 😎

And actually, I'll change the title
D.Ipsum wrote:

:lol:

Otherwise, nice track, good atmosphere.
Thankers :P
PlsHelpMeNøtSuck wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:54 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sorry, I threw up.
Yeah it was meant to be ironic but obviously that didn't come across 😂 (that's why the track picture is an 'empire' containing a devil thing). The idea is that the verses reflect a kind of empirical majesty, juxtaposed with the creepy breaks that portray a dystopian type society. Making the listener question whether they should really trust the empire.
Obviously that didn't come across though so I'll need to work on the portrayal of my ideas through music 😎

Yes, I did not think it was an "invitation" to trust the empire.

At the same time, the title is rather ambiguous, it is presented in imperative form, as an injunction, or as a paradoxical injunction ("do not read this"). So, I wanted to specify that I had soiled the carpet :lol:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:33 pm
PlsHelpMeNøtSuck wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:54 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sorry, I threw up.

Yes, I did not think it was an "invitation" to trust the empire.

At the same time, the title is rather ambiguous, it is presented in imperative form, as an injunction, or as a paradoxical injunction ("do not read this"). So, I wanted to specify that I had soiled the carpet :lol:
Understood. I've changed it now :lol: Hopefully it makes more sense
:lol: It changes everything.