My second track post, feedback needed

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello again, this is my second post here. I'm pretty new to making music, but it's pretty much all I do in my free time so I'm trying many different things. I've never done a track like this before.
I'm not sure what this genre is, maybe ambient/soft epic? If that's even a thing lol. What would you call it?
Anyway, I'm pretty proud of a track for once! What are your thoughts? Is there anything I can improve on? Thank you very much

https://soundcloud.com/sofftsound/fox
sofft wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:11 am
Hello again, this is my second post here. I'm pretty new to making music, but it's pretty much all I do in my free time so I'm trying many different things. I've never done a track like this before.
I'm not sure what this genre is, maybe ambient/soft epic? If that's even a thing lol. What would you call it?
Anyway, I'm pretty proud of a track for once! What are your thoughts? Is there anything I can improve on? Thank you very much

Hi!
Sounds like a soundtrack to Japanese RPG:) And o think it would be good soundtrack to some indie game! I would a bit modify the sound of instruments you are using, look for some original sound? Not just use the build in instruments, and add some effects to lo-fi the sound?
Maybe also think about the aesthetics you want to work in. Listen more to your favourite music and try to look for the sound you are captured by.
PPNDP wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:56 am
sofft wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:11 am

Hi!
Sounds like a soundtrack to Japanese RPG:) And o think it would be good soundtrack to some indie game! I would a bit modify the sound of instruments you are using, look for some original sound? Not just use the build in instruments, and add some effects to lo-fi the sound?
Maybe also think about the aesthetics you want to work in. Listen more to your favourite music and try to look for the sound you are captured by.
I appreciate the feedback! I thought it could sound like a soundtrack too lol. But I’m not using just build in instruments, what should I change? Does it sound too electronic? If you have any suggestions for where I can download instruments that would be cool! Thanks(:
What is your favorite artist/band/composer?
It would be easier for me to relate because maybe you would like to create in some kind of specific genre I am not familiar with.
It is good to draw inspirations from artists you admire - but be realistic - you can't create truly sounding prog rock using lmms and vst.
If you would like to sound 'real' it may be hard with creating music on virtual instruments. Maybe try to play some parts on real instruments and then add and manipulate them a bit in 'sample track'?
There is plenty of vst plugins and sf2 available online.
Nice track! It relaxes me well.

PS: "They did not know it was impossible, so they did it."
This is lovely. And it's really relaxing too. :)
It doesn't sound too electronic though, so you don't have to worry there. Ha! Ha!

The title of the track, reminds me of the Japanese story/legends, of Kitsune/Kunimitsu.
The Fox Spirit. :D
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:57 am
This is lovely. And it's really relaxing too. :)
It doesn't sound too electronic though, so you don't have to worry there. Ha! Ha!

The title of the track, reminds me of the Japanese story/legends, of Kitsune/Kunimitsu.
The Fox Spirit. :D
Thank you! :) haha that's what i was going for ^^ i appreciate the feedback!
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Nice track! It relaxes me well.

PS: "They did not know it was impossible, so they did it."
Thanks! Glad it was relaxing ( :
Yeah it is good. Reminds of a few JRPG's I've played before in my time.