New Track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi. Here is my new track. Gone for a bit of a Dub influence. The vocal sample was made up of 4 separate voices and was hard to splice together :o. Hope it still sounds ok. Apologies for it being a bit quiet :o :)
Listen to N.E.W.S. by Dewke #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-330158/dub-november-10
Okay.
You're right. It does sound a bit quiet.
All of the sounds/instruments in this track, need some volume fixes and volume balancing. :)

I think the bass melody, should be a tiny bit louder, or, it probably, it needs to be a bit stronger.

Nice tune overall. :)
Thanks Brandy :). It does need some work on the mixing :(. For my next track I would like to do more key and chord changes to make the track less monotone :)
Yop,

As Brandy wrote, the track should need a little more bass, or a little less drum in the same frequency range as the bass. You could use another kick sound, for exemple.

If we refer to classical dub (and even to the modern psy dub), the hihat is a bit low, and the track is too linear: you should alternate quiet moments with more "violent" moments (echo, reverb, saturation, phaser,...), and add breaks.

But the track is nice.
Thanks Mo Stitchi. The two kick sounds are quite similar to each other. Will make sure I spread the drums sounds a lot more next time :)
Regarding the reverberated snare, it sounds far in the background (at least in my headphones) compared to other drums. You could recover some dB in the "high" frequencies. I do not know if it is the values of the reverb parameters that have attenuated them. Maybe by retouching the reverb values, or with an EQ, or with layering, I do not know.

Otherwise, nice one.