[electronic/experimental(?)] new track - please criticize!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi!

Here is my new track:

https://soundcloud.com/ppndp/mroki-na-boki

It does not sound good for me as I was struggling with Alpha Free VST and the art of using all those knobs is still a black magic for me, also it sounds a bit chaotic and too dense for me...
I used for every instrument a channel and added effects there but I couldn't hear any change in general sound.
I am also can't spend too much time on making music. Unfortunately, studies, work and learning LMMS do not match too well ;)

I would love to hear some feedback - good and bad - pleaseee :)
Okay: :)
This tune, has an unusual dark sounding theme to it and it kinda sounds, like a track for a
sci-fi adventure game.
Yeah I agree, some of the sounds in this, kinda sound a bit drowned out and filtered out.
But as weird as this sounds, it strangely suits this tune.

Okay, concerning the Alpha Free VST, maybe some of it's functions and Lmms, are somehow not
working well together. Note, I've never tried this Vst before, so I have no idea what it really does. :)

Perhaps using some other Vst. eg. ZynAddSubFX or Synth 1 might help. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:40 am
Okay: :)
This tune, has an unusual dark sounding theme to it and it kinda sounds, like a track for a
sci-fi adventure game.
Yeah I agree, some of the sounds in this, kinda sound a bit drowned out and filtered out.
But as weird as this sounds, it strangely suits this tune.

Okay, concerning the Alpha Free VST, maybe some of it's functions and Lmms, are somehow not
working well together. Note, I've never tried this Vst before, so I have no idea what it really does. :)

Perhaps using some other Vst. eg. ZynAddSubFX or Synth 1 might help. :)
Thanks Brandystarbrite! I can always count on your feedback! :)
I wanted it to be dark this time. I chose bass pad which is very filtered and in low registers.
And "The Free Alpha synthesizer is a 32 note-polyphonic synthesizer based upon a classic subtractive design."
I have chosen it because it was the most transparent for me (not too many knobs;) ) and loads interesting presets.
The tracks I've made may be a bit boring. I think maybe with a midi controller would be easier? It's a pain in the ass to use a piano roll for composing chords, so the motif may be a bit repetitive.
Would the voice of charm whisper a dark spell?

(Is it your own voice?)

I like this one.

What do you find chaotic and too dense? The whole?

PS: Yep, a MIDI controller facilitates the gesture.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:08 am
Would the voice of charm whisper a dark spell?

(Is it your own voice?)

I like this one.

What do you find chaotic and too dense? The whole?

PS: Yep, a MIDI controller facilitates the gesture.
Haha, noo that's not my voice, unfortunately.
I think I hear there something like 'symmetry' and 'spectroscopy' but I am not sure :P.
I couldn't do nicely layers of my voice so I used sample - 4 voices mixed together, as I was struggling in modify the voice sample.
I have loads of voice samples from movies - but I don't know how to do that nicely.
In my last track I just did reverse and the octave change.
Need to read more tutorials on that.
As I am listening to it now, I don't think it's too dense or chaotic - it just need more space.
And it also lack of some deep bass line - but I couldn't find fitting instrument.
Maybe in my next track I will use midi controller. I have ordered Akai pad MPK Mini MKII yesterday.
The whispers are well done. They fit well in the mood.

Clearly, the track is improvable, but as it is, it's already good, the essential is there.

I should also try to use a MIDI controller, the mouse is not the top ...
You've got a nice moody track here. Good job. I like the overall ambiance and the percussion.

And yes, guys. MIDI controllers are game changers! You should definitely get one if possible. :D
insonico wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 am
And yes, guys. MIDI controllers are game changers! You should definitely get one if possible. :D
Yeah, a few $ have to be invested.. Do you use controller with LMMS?
Thanks guys for the warm comments!

I hope my first MIDI controller for beginners will arrive shortly.
I have read some rankings of budget controllers and the best affordable one was Akai:
https://www.dawsons.co.uk/akai-mpk-mini ... oIQAvD_BwE

Now, the only struggle for me is writing basslines. I will share my thoughts after my next track I will hopefully make with the controller.

What kind of hardware/controllers do you use?
PPNDP wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:56 pm
What kind of hardware/controllers do you use?
:|

Standard AZERTY keyboard
AKM320 master keyboard
Mouse

:yuck: