New chiptune song (Need opinions, again...)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Mainly on the voice on this one (it's also a bit offbeat on some places, I'll fix that), and the chorus effect I added after the build-up, not sure what I think about either of these.
Mainly not sure about the voice really fitting in, and if the chorus goes away from the chiptune theme too much.
(And composition wise, it's obviously not done, so ignore the ending ;))
https://clyp.it/qmtljrdc
Nice one. I laughed at 01m25s, I did not expect it.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:38 am
Nice one. I laughed at 01m25s, I did not expect it.
Aha, not really sure if that's a good thing or not-

I fixed that sound effect btw, it (mostly) fits in better. And what did you think about the chorus effect? Not sure if I should remove that...
That I laughed is a good thing.

Maybe there is a little too much "come on" (?).

Yes, the chorus works well.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 am
That I laughed is a good thing.

Maybe there is a little too much "come on" (?).

Yes, the chorus works well.
Well, I definitely agree with their being too much. That's been toned down a lot, but I'll continue to tweak it ;)

One last question though:
These next series of chiptune songs are gonna be in a new EP. But I'm debating having them all be fast and upbeat and whatever or just making a load of different chiptune songs and putting them together. The first might work better, but there's a chance the same theme could get boring. I was considering having some songs which could fit into a game soundtrack aswell, like a boss theme sounding song or something.
noba wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:16 pm
One last question though:
These next series of chiptune songs are gonna be in a new EP. But I'm debating having them all be fast and upbeat and whatever or just making a load of different chiptune songs and putting them together. The first might work better, but there's a chance the same theme could get boring. I was considering having some songs which could fit into a game soundtrack aswell, like a boss theme sounding song or something.
Wow, I do not have a particular opinion about this. You are the captain of your boat :)
Cool. I like that it's a bit out of tune. But vocals do not fit there for me.... but you could change them to some robot-voice.
Maybe if you had an echo effect on the voice and some calf reverb on it, it might fit in better. :)

Tip: If you're planning on using calf reverb, out of the nine dials present in it, I suggest
turning down, the decay time dial a tiny bit, and play around with the wet and dry dials. :)

Yep I agree.
When it comes to making your EP, you alone know what you want to create. Ha! Ha! :lol:
So have fun and don't forget to post them here, when you finish them, so others can listen to it. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:57 am
Maybe if you had an echo effect on the voice and some calf reverb on it, it might fit in better. :)

Tip: If you're planning on using calf reverb, out of the nine dials present in it, I suggest
turning down, the decay time dial a tiny bit, and play around with the wet and dry dials. :)

Yep I agree.
When it comes to making your EP, you alone know what you want to create. Ha! Ha! :lol:
So have fun and don't forget to post them here, when you finish them, so others can listen to it. :)
I'll make sure to post the others!

I'll likely sell it, but you're free to download whatever untweaked version is on clyp.it, aha.

Thanks for the help! :)
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:38 am
Cool. I like that it's a bit out of tune. But vocals do not fit there for me.... but you could change them to some robot-voice.
Yeah they probably didn't fit because of their positions. I've fixed that, and it sounds much better!