Yet another generic electronic track made in LMMS

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
It's yet another WIP but one of my few personal favourites thus far. I'm not even sure I actually made it, it's that good. Will be appearing on the long-awaited "Soundtrack to Your Alien Abduction and Subsequent Probing" album due for release in the winter of the year 3017 once it's done (wow, less than 1000 years left to complete the album...time goes so quickly...not enough hours in the day...).

https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackhea ... mothership

All comments and feedback welcome as I am here to improve as well as test out the waters a bit. Enjoy!
musicFreQ wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:48 pm
It's yet another WIP but one of my few personal favourites thus far. I'm not even sure I actually made it, it's that good. Will be appearing on the long-awaited "Soundtrack to Your Alien Abduction and Subsequent Probing" album due for release in the winter of the year 3017 once it's done (wow, less than 1000 years left to complete the album...time goes so quickly...not enough hours in the day...).

All comments and feedback welcome as I am here to improve as well as test out the waters a bit. Enjoy!
Cool track!
What movies inspired you? Or maybe some close encounters of the fourth kind?
I will freeze my body and wake up in 3017 to buy you album.
PS: You could add some alien vocals if you meet any :)
Yeah, nice one! Everything is here. Regarding the mix, I would say that you could better control the stereo of each track (I have no special advice since it's something I do not master well).
Quite a track you made here.
And I will admit, the title of the track, mixed in together with all of those sound effects
and synth sounds and melodies, seem to tell a story. And make it, a uniquely interesting tune
to listen too. :)
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:43 pm
musicFreQ wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Cool track!
What movies inspired you? Or maybe some close encounters of the fourth kind?
I will freeze my body and wake up in 3017 to buy you album.
PS: You could add some alien vocals if you meet any :)
Thanks!

No movies in particular (OK, maybe some Blade Runner, Close Encounters, Event Horizon, Alien, every Star Trek movie ever, E.T....okay, not E.T....oh, and Paul).

Did once meet a grey funny-shaped blob I believed to be an alien and that almost inspired me...but then it turned out that I had too much to drink and the dude just happened to be "out of shape" :P
I'll still ask him to provide necessary vocals though.

Please do take care to calibrate the correct freezing settings and leave a note for any future grandchildren for de-thawing of your body when undertaking cryogenic auto-preservation...we don't want you missing the album release party now, do we? :P
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:34 am
Yeah, nice one! Everything is here. Regarding the mix, I would say that you could better control the stereo of each track (I have no special advice since it's something I do not master well).
Thanks! Yeah I do feel like I've nailed something here. Just need to get the mix in order properly (like all my stuff, really).
brandystarbrite wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:34 am
Quite a track you made here.
And I will admit, the title of the track, mixed in together with all of those sound effects
and synth sounds and melodies, seem to tell a story. And make it, a uniquely interesting tune
to listen too. :)
Thank you for the kind words, glad you liked it. Hope to improve it yet though.