I did another "alien" thingy...

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
...call me obsessed.

Ever heard of "FLOW STATE"? Ever been in that familiar situation where you're sort of trapped on an alien mega-ship/hunting ground and cornered by vicious man-eating extra-terrestrials armed with only a "hand phaser" with your only hope of survival being to shoot your way out? Not mention the feeling of being "frozen with fear", trying to tell yourself "it's just a phase"...

If ever there was a time to "channel that flow"...

https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackhea ... -rough-mix

Still a work in progress (when isn't it?) but good enough for an early listen. Mixing still needs to be adjusted. All comments and feedback welcome. Cheers!

~#mFQ#~
I have no clue what you mean by "flow state"... but at 1 minute in, I clicked that "like button".
It's damn nice... reminds me a lot of some of my favorite ol' school artists... The second I heard things mixing with that very simplistic John Carpenter kinda bass riff, I was like "Okay, consider me interested".

There's that interesting weird mix between prog and severe repetition.... Lovely use of noise... erg... I usually feel free to give constructive feedback to people way better than me, but I really just like it.

Jolly good stuff... I've only heard this, but I'm going to follow... don't let me down >:(

quick edit:
I'm already following you!
...you sneak.
Keep up the good work :D
Nice one, it works well to start the day!

I really like the central part of the track.
Kalaherty wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:05 am
I have no clue what you mean by "flow state"... but at 1 minute in, I clicked that "like button".
It's damn nice... reminds me a lot of some of my favorite ol' school artists... The second I heard things mixing with that very simplistic John Carpenter kinda bass riff, I was like "Okay, consider me interested".

There's that interesting weird mix between prog and severe repetition.... Lovely use of noise... erg... I usually feel free to give constructive feedback to people way better than me, but I really just like it.

Jolly good stuff... I've only heard this, but I'm going to follow... don't let me down >:(

quick edit:
I'm already following you!
...you sneak.
Keep up the good work :D
:o *gasps* You don't know about "flow"? I though people were getting more clued up on it. Here it's Wikipedia definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

Here's a more interesting source to take in what "flow" is about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtGLbEY85c

Anyway, "flow" aside, thank you so much for your feedback. I do sometimes try to use John Carpenter's stuff for influence (especially for ominous-sounding synth-based stuff) but often fall flat on my face, so it's good you heard something of him in this track.

I doubt I'm better than anyone at this stage, you're being way too kind but thank you anyway. And I'll try my best not to let you down, my work will be patchy for now but as time goes on it'll all piece itself together into fine tapestry and get better. Thanks for the follow too (I knew I heard weird rustling in the nearby bushes). :P
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:35 am
Nice one, it works well to start the day!

I really like the central part of the track.
Thank you for noticing my work once again, dude!

I tend to find this track has an upward correlation towards "positive mood" (well, for some of those who have heard it, anyway). I also tend to find people seem drawn to the middle parts of my tracks too :P
In hindsight, I may of been what they call, "a bit drunk"-when I commented, so sorry for being so gushy, but it's a great track. Re-listening to it now and it's still solid.
Oh... and I know what the "flow state" is! I just usually refer it to "getting into the flow". Dunno why I've never heard it stated that way :/ I was actually talking to my partner about it yesterday, she was playing Tetris and I was being a geek and talking about the phenomenon while playing certain fast paced games.
And in the future, I shall try and be more silent while hiding in the bushes.
It sounds quite nice. :)

musicFreQ wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:17 am
Ever heard of "FLOW STATE"? Ever been in that familiar situation where you're sort of trapped on an alien mega-ship/hunting ground and cornered by vicious man-eating extra-terrestrials armed with only a "hand phaser" with your only hope of survival being to shoot your way out? Not mention the feeling of being "frozen with fear", trying to tell yourself "it's just a phase"...

If ever there was a time to "channel that flow"...
Quite an interesting story description.
Especially the part, with the phaser gun and the pesky man eating aliens. :D :lol: