Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey guys, been workin on this one for an hour.
I feel like if i spent a good amount of time on this I could make it better but the whole track was basically a one take and then I added some extra adlibs.

So let me know what you think of this one, I think it has a lot of potential.

https://soundcloud.com/jbarn97/look-at-life
I like it... I was a bit confused by the intro at first, there's some harsh clipping on the crunching sound, but I'm happy I sat through it. I think because of the length, the intro was dictating the style... But it's more like one of the intro skits used in something like a 90's-mid 2010's rap track, right? (That's what it reminded me of).

The main melodic vocal over the beat is quite nice... it has a convincing drained melancholy. I'm not sure of the outro-ish free-verse... but maybe that's because I feel another repetition of the melodic vocal should repeat after the free-verse... maybe another free-verse and a reprise at the end to fade it out...

That's my thoughts on it anywho... I liked it though, quite the pleasant surprise to click on.
Cool tune/style man. :D
Soundin' good. 8-)

Okay. I noticed, that the singer sounds British. :D
Kalaherty wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:39 am
I like it... I was a bit confused by the intro at first, there's some harsh clipping on the crunching sound, but I'm happy I sat through it. I think because of the length, the intro was dictating the style... But it's more like one of the intro skits used in something like a 90's-mid 2010's rap track, right? (That's what it reminded me of).

The main melodic vocal over the beat is quite nice... it has a convincing drained melancholy. I'm not sure of the outro-ish free-verse... but maybe that's because I feel another repetition of the melodic vocal should repeat after the free-verse... maybe another free-verse and a reprise at the end to fade it out...

That's my thoughts on it anywho... I liked it though, quite the pleasant surprise to click on.
All I can say, is you got it right on point! LOL
The intro is just a skit kind of thing, although I am making the song final with no intro like that.
Also plan on extending the verse at the end, because it was there pretty random, but ill extend the verse there.
Love the harmony part though, awesome.
Glad you listened through and liked it.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:54 am
Cool tune/style man. :D
Soundin' good. 8-)

Okay. I noticed, that the singer sounds British. :D

Appreciate it lol, and I'm american.
Funny you mention that haha
Terrible, good atmosphere, I appreciate it well under the sun that hits hard. Too bad the end is so brutal ...
Nice track.
Old fries, hangover, post-party atmosphere, rising sun on the horizon, yearning desire for warm breakfast and bed.
I am waiting for the part two about those reflections about life.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 pm
Terrible, good atmosphere, I appreciate it well under the sun that hits hard. Too bad the end is so brutal ...
I like this comment
PPNDP wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:26 pm
Nice track.
Old fries, hangover, post-party atmosphere, rising sun on the horizon, yearning desire for warm breakfast and bed.
I am waiting for the part two about those reflections about life.
Exactly, and also II believe a part two is very needed.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 pm
Wait, sorry for posting back on this but......
Did you say this was terrible? LOL