New Dungeon Synth album made with LMMS and Dexed

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello,

I've made a Dungeon Synth / Dark Ambient album with LMMS, Dexed the Yamaha DX7 emulator and Carla Baypatch to make them work together:

https://garvalf.bandcamp.com/album/the-hollow-earth

Everything was sequenced into LMMS, except a few parts composed in MuseScore and imported into LMMS later (midi), and I used effects available in LMMS. Then I exported the tracks to wav and made the final mixing into Ardour.
It made me feel strange to listen to this type of music composed with electronic instruments. From track to track I did not think about it anymore. This album fits well with my idea of medieval music. Nice album.
garvalf wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:36 pm
Hello,

I've made a Dungeon Synth / Dark Ambient album with LMMS, Dexed the Yamaha DX7 emulator and Carla Baypatch to make them work together:

https://garvalf.bandcamp.com/album/the-hollow-earth

Everything was sequenced into LMMS, except a few parts composed in MuseScore and imported into LMMS later (midi), and I used effects available in LMMS. Then I exported the tracks to wav and made the final mixing into Ardour.
I have not heard about medievally inspired electronics before..
It would be a nice soundtrack to some medieval platform-games! ;)
I like the atmospheric ones which imitate the harp sound (like the second track for example:
Ildesyril).
Hi, thank you for your comments!

D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:35 am
/.../ music composed with electronic instruments. From track to track I did not think about it anymore. /.../
yes, I didn't think about this before, but it's true sometimes for Dungeon Synth music, even if it could sound artificial, after a while you mostly think about the melodies and it almost sounds natural!
PPNDP wrote: I like the atmospheric ones which imitate the harp sound
thanks! FM instruments are pretty good to imitate those kind of sounds, so it was funny to work with this!