my new song

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:39 pm
As Brandy said, it sounds, it's clean, well done. But actually, I hear it more like EDM (generic label used by the industry for the masses) than dubstep.
i still need a name though :( all I have seen is things telling me i did well. Not trying to sound rude, I just really need a name
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:57 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
As Brandy said, it sounds, it's clean, well done. But actually, I hear it more like EDM (generic label used by the industry for the masses) than dubstep.
i still need a name though :( all I have seen is things telling me i did well. Not trying to sound rude, I just really need a name
what do you remember thinking or saying when making the song?
that's what i usually do. usually what the main instrument sounds like or what i was hungry for or what scene the song would play in.
the problem is, i don't see that much variety in the genre to do that type of stuff
samthekid108 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 am
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
D.Ipsum wrote:
what do you remember thinking or saying when making the song?
that's what i usually do. usually what the main instrument sounds like or what i was hungry for or what scene the song would play in.
the problem is, i don't see that much variety in the genre to do that type of stuff
I remember saying:

"crap, this doesn't sound like dubstep"
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 am
samthekid108 wrote:
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
I remember saying:

Dubswim?
samthekid108 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 am
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 am
samthekid108 wrote:

I remember saying:

Dubswim?
OOH maybe :)
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
D.Ipsum wrote:
I'm going in the direction of samthekid108 when he says "what do you remember thinking or saying when making the song?".
A beginning of answer can be in the first things which come to your mind, then, by associations of ideas, you can arrive at a name which satisfies you.

Otherwise, as I said, you can use an existing term like EDM (electronic dance music), dubswim or something else that sounds good to you. Idk.