New beat - trap/hip hop

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Whats up guys,

Made a new beat today; wanted to know what you think/advice/criticism. Tried to be creative with the melodies/instruments/sounds... Thanks in advance !

https://soundcloud.com/user-769980346/feelin

-Kaba
you did very well improving your melodies. the percussion was fast paced, but for some reason the kicks and hihats didn't give it the momentum i was expecting. maybe i'm just not in the mood.

i think the snare or clap would do good with some reverb
I thought the highhats complimented the beat quite well in terms of momentum, although the kicks are essentially an afterthought when you bring in the 808s. The 808 pattern is pretty sweet if you have good enough speakers to pick up on em.

Reverb on the snare/claps seems like a good idea for sure ! I love reverb on anything :p
Kaba wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:43 am
I thought the highhats complimented the beat quite well in terms of momentum, although the kicks are essentially an afterthought when you bring in the 808s. The 808 pattern is pretty sweet if you have good enough speakers to pick up on em.

Reverb on the snare/claps seems like a good idea for sure ! I love reverb on anything :p
I picked up on them, I just don't consider them more than an extension of the kick in these circumstances.
The hi hats are pretty good. It's why I can't tell why it''s offputting
Nice one, well calibrated to place a voice.