I'm Back! With Two New Songs!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Okay, maybe that statement is a bit of a stretch, but I have something in the works. Just recently I finished a couple of demos and remixes, which can be heard on my SoundCloud page. The first is a remix of Nymbius' EWoke, and the second is an original work of my own, after finally deciding to jump back into LMMS to get the creative juices flowing again. I started using gated reverb for my drum effects to further increase my 80s aesthetic, as well as begin to create my own synths from scratch.

The two songs are here:
https://soundcloud.com/pansonics/ewoke- ... -dream-mix

https://soundcloud.com/pansonics/in-my-mind
Hello !

Cureently listening to Nymbius EWoke.

Good aesthetic man ! I like what I hear.
I warn you, that there is a bit of bass saturation at the beginning, but as you go higher in pitch, it fades away.

The song is peaceful, cheerful.
Good beats.
I'd recommend it.

I can evade inside it.
Thanks.
I'll listen to the second one right after.

Edit : Second one is bomb, too. Do you take interns? ^^
Thanks for the feedback! For Nymbius' remix I will admit that I rushed it a little and didn't EQ it properly. As for the second song however, that's been gestating in my files for at least a month before I took my hiatus.

As far as interns go, I'm not looking for any. But fortunately I'm always looking for a collaboration!
Nice remix, sounds fluid. I like to listen to the original, I like this theme.

In My Mind is also a nice one. I have a preference for this one because it's an original track, it attracts me more than the remixes.
I'm blown away with these. Seriously, where the heck did you get / how the heck did you make the synth sounds used in these? Teach me your secrets (or at least provide a .zip of the preset files :lol:)!!

Overall, these are pretty breathtaking pieces. Excellent use of swells/sweeps and that classic, dirty/grungy 80's bass sound; these types of sounds easily take the mind somewhere and/or somewhen else.

I look forward to hearing more pieces in this style from you! :D
Oh yeah! Ewoke is the big cool tune. 8-)
Okay, I noticed a familiar looking old school car, in that sunset pic.
It's like bringing the music and nostalgia, back to the future. ;)

The In My Mind track, is a really awesome tune. :D

Nice work, on these two tunes pansonics.
They were both, a good listen. :)
peefTube Music wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:10 pm

I look forward to hearing more pieces in this style from you! :D
I actually intend to make a collection when I return from my sabbatical in California. I'm pretty sure I'll have some inspiration while I'm there!
Pansonics, could you tell how did you managed to get a gated reverb? It's ok with a skim explanation (which effect, or effects for the FX chain, for example)

Cheers!