newest track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
it suddenly hit me that it's been 12 days since i made something, so i made the thing.
tell me what you think (obviously)
https://soundcloud.com/samthekid108/sen ... rsomething
PS, what are your favorite ways of getting bass-lines? i've been experimenting with nearly every method i could find
This tune has a catchy, hipsy sounding beat to it. Cool! 8-)

samthekid108 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:03 pm
PS, what are your favorite ways of getting bass-lines? i've been experimenting with nearly every method i could find
This question I find interesting. Could you go into more detail? :)
samthekid108 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:03 pm
This question I find interesting. Could you go into more detail? :)
[/quote]
I've seen and used a more diverse number of ways of getting bass lines than I previously thought there was.
In hiphop/trap production, people still might use the dull, non intrusive 808's or the pixelated, very intrusive bass.
But other people like Andrew huang used really interesting sample based bass-lines that inspired a lot of upcoming producers.
I used a lot of these on my songs, and I'm wondering if you guys have seen some special way of making it other than triple oscillator or kicker/monstro.
Short but nice, I like the sounds of "trumpet", waw, waw.

For bass, I have no recipes, you can try adding effects, like chorus, etc. with a C* Narrower (stregnth = 1) at the end of the chain to keep the bass "mono".