I make LoFi, It''s not THAT great but I need an opinion.

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://soundcloud.com/evowolf/evo-sad- ... -protected

Be as harsh as you can if it's bad.
I need real criticism

[EDIT] The "S'is Evo's beat don't f***in steal it" Tag that's played throughout the song is to prevent theft.
If someone raps over my song and doesn't credit me. My tag will be literally littered across the song.
EvoWolf wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:45 am

I need real criticism
You're welcome!

Nice beat, relaxing and lively at the same time. That said, and it's quite personal, I would say to avoid multiple repetitions of the same sentence (the sequence with the voice). It would be different if this same sentence undergoes alterations as 01m09s (although the sequence is repeated, it sounds differently, and it attracts attention).
Sounds good. But the entire thing, needs a bit more volume.
The old school beat in it, is not bad at all. Good work there.

I noticed that the track sounds a bit plain, like something is missing from it.
I suggest: Perhaps a pad sound playing in the background, might fill this track up a bit more
and make this track, sound a bit fuller.

If you want, you could put some calf reverb and an echo effect, on the vocal sample parts.
Tweak the dials on those plugins, as much as you want. But don't overdo it.
And If it's done correctly, doing that might give that vocal sample, a cool ring to it. :D
I gotta say; this is pretty dope. I really really like the track. Ive been trying to make a similar beat but since my style is more fast paced, its been hard to step outside the box and capture this type of sound.

Great old school feel to it; You could definitely put in some more sounds to fill it out a bit but don't feel like you have to. I like it the way it is. What BPM is this at if you don't mind me asking ? Ive been experimenting anywhere between 100-130 while trying to make some Lo-fi
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:33 am
EvoWolf wrote:

I need real criticism
You're welcome!

Nice beat, relaxing and lively at the same time. That said, and it's quite personal, I would say to avoid multiple repetitions of the same sentence (the sequence with the voice). It would be different if this same sentence undergoes alterations as 01m09s (although the sequence is repeated, it sounds differently, and it attracts attention).
That's my tag, I only did that to inhibit theft of my music. I do have versions without it though.
Kaba wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:20 pm
I gotta say; this is pretty dope. I really really like the track. Ive been trying to make a similar beat but since my style is more fast paced, its been hard to step outside the box and capture this type of sound.

Great old school feel to it; You could definitely put in some more sounds to fill it out a bit but don't feel like you have to. I like it the way it is. What BPM is this at if you don't mind me asking ? Ive been experimenting anywhere between 100-130 while trying to make some Lo-fi
believe it or not, It' set at 160.
Ii actually don't know how I made a repetitively slow song with a higher BPM Tbh, Lol
Also, I used a sample in that track. Just so you guys know.
https://soundcloud.com/evowolf/supremedream

I synced a Mob Deep rapper to one of my songs as well, If you're interested in hearing it.
EvoWolf wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:29 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:33 am
EvoWolf wrote:

I need real criticism
You're welcome!

That's my tag, I only did that to inhibit theft of my music. I do have versions without it though.
oops ... :lol:
believe it or not, It' set at 160.
Ii actually don't know how I made a repetitively slow song with a higher BPM Tbh, Lol
Also, I used a sample in that track. Just so you guys know.
[/quote]

Thats crazy, but actually makes a lot of sense since you said its a sample. Man lol. I find actual sampling in LMMS hard as fuck. Maybe Im not doing it right, but the BPM never matches for me....and don't even mention trying to get the sample to loop. Tried many many times and have failed ! :roll: (again...maybe I do it wrong :mrgreen: )
I really like the simple and chill vibes from this. It really captured the old school lofi vibe, but in my honest opinion, the vocal (although I know the vocal is a tag like you said), got pretty annoying later in the song.

Nice vibes though dude