New BEAT

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Whats up guys,

I finished this beat on Friday and wanted to upload then, but a huge storm hit and I didn't have electricity for 4-5 days. It was crazy ! Im kinda glad I didn't upload; not listening to the beat for a couple days and coming back was refreshing. And, I added some new stuff as well.

Also, this was the first time I tried to diligently use the Mixer and properly Master the track. Not sure if it came out better, worse, or is the same...I dunno if I can tell the difference :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/user-769980346/going-in

Please give it a listen ! I would greatly appreciate it. All advice/criticism welcome !

-Kaba
Nice and chill trap beat. It might be just me, but after a while it sounds pretty repetitive ( but I am aware that a lot of trap and rap beats are repetitive for the vocalist). Maybe stacking some melodies on each other using different plugins, samples, etc can spice up the track a bit. Maybe some plucks or boop sounds here and there can create some good reinforcement on your sound!

However, the composition of the bass is nice! It keeps the groove goin and it goes well with the choir sounds and the chill melody!
Also, on moments like 1:09, creating a white noise down-lifter can make it sound really cool and in my opinion, can fit the chill atmosphere very well.

Well, those were my 2 cents on it, I hope this helps you! :D
Thanks for the listen !

Yea, thats a common issue I run into since I started making beats. Most trap songs are very repetitive, it's just not noticeable half the time with some good lyrics and vocals on it. I struggle to spice things up a bit, thats why I added some strings to the second half of the song :lol:

Also tried to add a 3rd melody, maybe a flute or something...but I kept falling short so I decided to keep it as is and opted to change the kick and snare pattern, plus a crash (and the strings I mentioned) (All of these start at roughly the 1:35 mark in the track)

I guess they weren't noticeable enough to keep the listener interested tho...I'll work on it :D

As for this filter you speak of, what does it do? Id love to learn more about it. Again, thank you for listening and the feedback !!
I agree with the opinion of Smoking Shadows on the repetitive side of the track. For me, this type of track serves as support on which we place lyrics. That said, nice beat, quite clean.
Just need some one to go hard over it lol !

Thanks for the listen and feedback, much appreciated !!
Kaba wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:40 am
Whats up guys,

I finished this beat on Friday and wanted to upload then, but a huge storm hit and I didn't have electricity for 4-5 days. It was crazy ! Im kinda glad I didn't upload; not listening to the beat for a couple days and coming back was refreshing. And, I added some new stuff as well.

Also, this was the first time I tried to diligently use the Mixer and properly Master the track. Not sure if it came out better, worse, or is the same...I dunno if I can tell the difference :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/user-769980346/going-in

Please give it a listen ! I would greatly appreciate it. All advice/criticism welcome !

-Kaba
This one got style.
But I think the melody, should be a tiny bit louder. Because the volume, of the cool sounding beat
kinda covers over, the coolness of the melody. ;)

Wow! No electricity for 4 to 5 days? That must have been tough. :P