White sand shore (House song)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
IDK waht I'm r e a l l y doing brah.

My clyp account:
im only a visual artist, i dont really make good soundz :v
I did this in one day. The chord progression was changed a lot because I cannot handle naturals or sharps/flats that are not part of the key of the song. This is Eb Major, and has a C# in one of the main parts of the chord progression. It sounds really good. Sadly, when the arp with the C# stacks with one of the other synths playing it really sounds bad. I gave up then changed the C# back into C, but the rest of the chord progression has to be changed also. And I changed it. I spent 2 hours on that. I have no life. :cry:
Anyway, my mastering does not exist like my talent in music huhuhu

I'm so angry that Windows Media Player keeps updating the file and metadata with the song also named "White Sand" by someone idk and the file loses its own identity. I had to turn off the internet when exporting and renaming the file.

The song (metadata update): https://clyp.it/bbfieoo1
EDIT: deleted the song and currently finding a title. When it was "White Sand" the file is updated through an another song named "White Sand" and when it was changed into "White Sand Shore" it was updated to a random song named "Shore". Renamed to "This Summer Feelin'" and still gets updates in the T.Bone Walker one.

OK, I'm warning you, it sounds really weird.
Comments appreciated.

and oh, btw, the ocean waves sound effects were made with TripleOsc, an overridden effect of reverb, High Pass Filter and Volume automations. ;p
vortexsupernova wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:22 pm
Nice, there are ideas that go well. However, I would say that you can still greatly improve the sound design.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:51 am
Nice, there are ideas that go well. However, I would say that you can still greatly improve the sound design.
Actually, I'm just using presets, and no clear idea on what is music production. (I'm also damn self taught, hahaha)
Any tips, on how to make a good sound design?
//ad.: the kick and some leads are too weak, that's what I was thinking, has bad sound design//
vortexsupernova wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:51 am
Actually, I'm just using presets, and no clear idea on what is music production. (I'm also damn self taught, hahaha)
Any tips, on how to make a good sound design?
//ad.: the kick and some leads are too weak, that's what I was thinking, has bad sound design//
As I understand it, "music production" refers to the whole process of musical creation (concept, composition, instrumentation, sound design, harmonization, structuring, mixing, mastering, etc.).

Otherwise, no secret, it is through study and practice that things get better (... it is trivial ...).

Above all, I think it is better to have a good composition that sounds bad rather than a bad composition that sounds good (... trivial again ...).

Concerning samples and presets, I think you have to pay close attention to the effects that are inserted/recorded by default. For example, one preset comes with a reverb, another not, this sample is recorded with the natural reverb of the recording room, this one not, and so on. If you associate them, it could soudns rather strange, rather incoherent.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:26 am
As I understand it, "music production" refers to the whole process of musical creation (concept, composition, instrumentation, sound design, harmonization, structuring, mixing, mastering, etc.).

Otherwise, no secret, it is through study and practice that things get better (... it is trivial ...).

Above all, I think it is better to have a good composition that sounds bad rather than a bad composition that sounds good (... trivial again ...).

Concerning samples and presets, I think you have to pay close attention to the effects that are inserted/recorded by default. For example, one preset comes with a reverb, another not, this sample is recorded with the natural reverb of the recording room, this one not, and so on. If you associate them, it could sounds rather strange, rather incoherent.
Thank you for answering :) Oh, for few years of making music all by my self, now I geddit why I treated it as a mere entertainment and not a talent nor a skill due to frustration. (Aahh, I used to promise myself not to make music anymore, as I already accept that I'm a black sheep in a family of musicians :lol: I was so helpless that I don't attend the choir, and my brother who's a producer in my family does not want me to teach how to make melodies, read notations and use Finale, then so I grabbed LMMS which became my last stand.) I was just until concept, composition, and some instrumentation—adopted from my visual artist processes—and the rest, which are technical—I'm dead.
vortexsupernova wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:26 am

Concerning samples and presets, I think you have to pay close attention to the effects that are inserted/recorded by default. For example, one preset comes with a reverb, another not, this sample is recorded with the natural reverb of the recording room, this one not, and so on. If you associate them, it could sounds rather strange, rather incoherent.
Thank you for answering :) Oh, for few years of making music all by my self, now I geddit why I treated it as a mere entertainment and not a talent nor a skill due to frustration. (Aahh, I used to promise myself not to make music anymore, as I already accept that I'm a black sheep in a family of musicians :lol: I was so helpless that I don't attend the choir, and my brother who's a producer in my family does not want me to teach how to make melodies, read notations and use Finale, then so I grabbed LMMS which became my last stand.) I was just until concept, composition, and some instrumentation—adopted from my visual artist processes—and the rest, which are technical—I'm dead.
Anyway, a black sheep among the white sheep is a sheep, and once they are naked, all shorn, we don't make the difference anymore, they are all sheep. Classical music interpreted by an orchestra or techno music performed by a machine, what matters (at least for me) is the music itself. Music played by a professional who has 20 years of study or music played by a child of 6 years just for fun, the important thing (at least for me) is the music, this good moment lived.

If you are passionate about music, and that passion leads you to composition, just do it, as an amateur, and who knows what will happen next? If you make music for other reasons, for a reason related to your place in your family for example, or for challenge, or for some other reason, as long as you're OK with yourself, I believe that everything is fine, Idk.

In any case, it is by forging that one becomes a blacksmith. Now, I don't know how to become a "good" blacksmith. I'm forging.
vortexsupernova wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:22 pm
OK, I'm warning you, it sounds really weird.
Comments appreciated.
What I've heard so far, sounds really amazing enough. I rate it an 85 out of 100 beans. 8-)

The kick drum sounds boomy and good enough.

The ocean sound, needs some calf reverb, or calf vintage delay on it, or probably
both, to make it sound wider and go all over the place. The same advice can be applied
to the snap sound too.

And now, all you need to do, is learn how to make more synth sounds and add a few of them
into this track. And it'll be 100% party time!! 8-)
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:46 am
Anyway, a black sheep among the white sheep is a sheep, and once they are naked, all shorn, we don't make the difference anymore, they are all sheep. Classical music interpreted by an orchestra or techno music performed by a machine, what matters (at least for me) is the music itself. Music played by a professional who has 20 years of study or music played by a child of 6 years just for fun, the important thing (at least for me) is the music, this good moment lived.

If you are passionate about music, and that passion leads you to composition, just do it, as an amateur, and who knows what will happen next? If you make music for other reasons, for a reason related to your place in your family for example, or for challenge, or for some other reason, as long as you're OK with yourself, I believe that everything is fine, Idk.
Oh... i think i should have made my own direction of music on myself, without comparing and referencing to others since before. those words worth a thousand, thanks.
(actually no one guides me on music, but i will try more to test and experiment on this path)
im going on an adventure
brandystarbrite wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:54 pm
What I've heard so far, sounds really amazing enough. I rate it an 85 out of 100 beans. 8-)

The kick drum sounds boomy and good enough.

The ocean sound, needs some calf reverb, or calf vintage delay on it, or probably
both, to make it sound wider and go all over the place. The same advice can be applied
to the snap sound too.

And now, all you need to do, is learn how to make more synth sounds and add a few of them
into this track. And it'll be 100% party time!! 8-)
Thank you, will try to update and upload to my SC
vortexsupernova wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 am
im going on an adventure
Safe journey on the way! That's a trip, yor trip! :D