New BEAT (piano, sad, LO-fi)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Whats up guys,

So big shout out to the other LMMS user, pimp, for showing me this website where you can download loops/melodies for free. I found this piano sample and thought it was beautiful, so I made a sad little beat.

Its not entirely complex, as it loops throughout, but I think you will find the piano melody kinda hypnotizes you :P

https://soundcloud.com/user-769980346/t ... d-abelouis

Let me know what you think ! Advice/criticism is welcome ! Thank you for listening !!

-Kaba
a bit of a stretch to call it lofi. did you put the piano under bitcrusher, or gsm simulator?
I like the piano sound. Quite haunting (in a good way) :)
Thanks for the thoughtful comments, Dewke ! :D

Its not super lo-fi, but I think you could argue that its under the umbrella as such. No, I didn't use those, but I used a lowpass filter to give it that muffled, somber feeling to it.

I thought the piano sample was beautiful, so I didn't want to overdo the beat and add a bunch of unnecessary fillers. The piano itself is captivating. I also had no idea what key the sample was in, so I couldn't effectively add anything. I tried to add some sounds or other melodies, but everything sounded bad :x (any tips on this btw??? :idea: )

Thanks for listening though guys, appreciate it !
It's quite nice, especially the piano melody.

Tip: I think adding an echo effect, or calf vintage delay, on the snap sound
will give it a cool echoing effect. :)