New Trap beat track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi. A new Trap beat track. It's a bit strange in places :). Hope the beat and bass sounds ok. All feedback welcome ;)
Listen to Summer T by Dewke #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-330158/summer-t
Dewke wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:50 am
Hi. A new Trap beat track. It's a bit strange in places :). Hope the beat and bass sounds ok. All feedback welcome ;)
This one has quite an unusual sound and style to it.
Strangely, I will admit, I like your other tracks more, but this one is not bad at all.
And that is one cool special effect, I hear close to the tracks end. Wooah! :)
Thanks Brandy :). It is a bit of a strange song :/. Even with the Trap style beat, it doesn't follow a Trap style of music :o
Dewke wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:50 am
I do not recognize the trap label.

Strange mood, quite heavy, loaded. Endurance track. Nice outro, like a gate to another dimension.
to be honest, the only thing in the song related to trap in this song is the rolling hihats. everything else in the song isn't trap related at all
I must admit it did start off as a Trap song, but any Trap elements slowly dissolved during making it, leaving just the hi hats :D. I guess I should have labelled it differently. :o I don't think the genre really matters though. ;)
Dewke wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:39 am
I must admit it did start off as a Trap song, but any Trap elements slowly dissolved during making it, leaving just the hi hats :D. I guess I should have labelled it differently. :o I don't think the genre really matters though. ;)
i'd say it kind of does, since genre revolves around the stylistic choices in making the music.
i was pretty excited about how you would approach the genre of trap, hard bass, dark melodies, fast pace, fast hihats,
i came into the song somewhat expecting those elements into whatever principles you make your music by. instead i got an electronic dewke track that i associated more with trap.
it's not bad by any means, i just left the song feeling a little mislead. though i was a little excited at the idea of you trying something new.
This one's an interesting listen. Sorta trappy, sorta experimental. I'm getting some futuristic industrial vibes from it too, which I also dig. All in all, not a bad listen!
Not bad at all. May not be completely trap or whatever, but who cares. Definitely an interesting track. The hihats are perfect, and the distorted bass sound gives it that trappy feel.

To be frank, trap beats are better off being pretty damn simple (most of the time). And it just so happens you seem pretty talented, so maybe a simple beat for you seems uncompleted in some ways. Maybe add some poppy snares and a more punchy kick too, and less conflicting sounds. Although I gotta admit, I don't mind your interpretation of trap at all. Pretty different and rad 8-)
Thank you to everyone for your feedback :)