Nostalgia Central

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
they can feel
https://soundcloud.com/samthekid108/they-can-feel
i feel like this song does justice to my earlier songs of this fashon. (i deleted lullahi, but i'll reupload a v2)
i'd love to hear the feedback
i know the instrumental was pretty basic, but the vocals were hell to deal with
The vocals work really well. You have a basis of a good track :)
I like the vocal samples, where did you get them? I believe ya when you say they were hard to work with, I feel like any samples like that are difficult. I feel like it could be more smooth though, the rain/white noise-ish sound cuts on and off kinda dramatically. I like where you were going with the chimes, woulda gone with something softer tho, like bells or something. The mood is somber and sad, which I diggg for sure
samthekid108 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:57 am
they can feel
https://soundcloud.com/samthekid108/they-can-feel
i feel like this song does justice to my earlier songs of this fashon. (i deleted lullahi, but i'll reupload a v2)
i'd love to hear the feedback
Wow! For a short track, what I hear so far, sounds close to amazing!
The whole tone and feel of it, is undescribeable.
You might be on to something cool here.
Kaba wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:11 pm
I like the vocal samples, where did you get them? I believe ya when you say they were hard to work with, I feel like any samples like that are difficult. I feel like it could be more smooth though, the rain/white noise-ish sound cuts on and off kinda dramatically. I like where you were going with the chimes, woulda gone with something softer tho, like bells or something. The mood is somber and sad, which I diggg for sure
i could've sworn i got it from looperman, but my download history shows no acapellas. it was a four part vocal, and i was originally going to use all of it, but it was 13 bpm faster than the instrumental and only one or two verses could fit in the song. i had layered the voices on top of each other for depth, and i also added multi-chorus, but not too much since the vocals were already harmonized. although i really like the outcome of the song, especially the beginning. but i really could have worked on the vocals more. especially with making the chimes complement them instead of looping the first two quatrains.
Nice suspence music and smooth suspenseful build up.. yeah looks basic at start but ur samthekid . Soon you will become Sam the legend .. keep rocking and experimenting . Afterwards it already builds up to something very sweet sounding and gives good feel too ..
thanks for the feedback!
also, not sure if anyone noticed but i used a melody from allstars by smashmouth in the beggining
Nice, I have a feeling of suspension. The voices fit very well. I like the presence of the background noise too.