first lmms track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://soundcloud.com/mr-thraz/intimately/s-HOeLI

still learning to use it but i'm surprised by the effectiveness of it.

tell me what you think.
OMG the bass was not that loud in my system.

wtf does sound cloud compress your music when you load it????
Hi Mister Thraz,

I like your track, sounds very acoustic. Why do you write that the bass is too loud? I don't think so, but I'm an old dub lover, and the bass is never loud enough for me (maybe some kind of deafness due to the age, who knows?)

Soundcloud does compress, it's obvious, so don't send mp3 files, try (if you didn't already) to send uncompressed or less compressed files (wav).
Nice piece. Before LMMS, what did you use? Hardware?
mrthraz wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:28 am

tell me what you think.
Oohh! This got some serious style dude! 8-)

Tip:The clap type sound, heard throughout the track, sounds good. But it stands out a bit
too much. I suggest a tiny volume decrease on the clap, just as the other instruments
start to play together with it.

Also, I have another suggestion: Note, you don't have to take this advice, if you don't want too.
Try Lmms' internal effects plugins, called calf vintage delay, or calf reverb or add both,
to the clap sound. And tweak the dials, until you get something that sounds cool.
Doing that, will give the clap, more style and make it sound, extra cooler. 8-)
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:17 am
Hi Mister Thraz,

I like your track, sounds very acoustic. Why do you write that the bass is too loud? I don't think so, but I'm an old dub lover, and the bass is never loud enough for me (maybe some kind of deafness due to the age, who knows?)

Soundcloud does compress, it's obvious, so don't send mp3 files, try (if you didn't already) to send uncompressed or less compressed files (wav).
thanks for the advice!

D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:06 am
Roland sp-505 and sp-606.. i was also using FL in wine but i just wanna get away from windows
so i started looking for something new. lmms fit the bill.

brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 am
mrthraz wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:28 am

tell me what you think.
Oohh! This got some serious style dude! 8-)

Tip:The clap type sound, heard throughout the track, sounds good. But it stands out a bit
too much. I suggest a tiny volume decrease on the clap, just as the other instruments
start to play together with it.

Also, I have another suggestion: Note, you don't have to take this advice, if you don't want too.
Try Lmms' internal effects plugins, called calf vintage delay, or calf reverb or add both,
to the clap sound. And tweak the dials, until you get something that sounds cool.
Doing that, will give the clap, more style and make it sound, extra cooler. 8-)
i think i was using the calf delay on the clap, when i get home from work i'll post a screen shot. thanks for the advice.
mrthraz wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:54 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:06 am
Roland sp-505 and sp-606.. i was also using FL in wine but i just wanna get away from windows
so i started looking for something new. lmms fit the bill.
I have the impression that the FL> LMMS transition is less frequent than the LMMS> FL transition.