Nescaline/Retro sound : backEnd function()

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi folks;

Sorry, I am not being very active at the moment.
Reason is I am now in a training program to become a web developer. I am learning cool stuff such as JavaScript, but it is taking a lot of energy and creativity.

Nonetheless, this evening I challenged myself to produce a complete sound and began to search in my favourite LMMS presets.

I found this magnificient "Engine Overheat" from Nescaline... Aggressive, rough sound, the kind of thing you don't want to mess with...
And I created this computer-themed track. You can hear in the background these "server sounds" produced by ZynAdd's "computer" preset.

So. As we have retro Nescaline sounds, server sounds... backEnd seems to be a suitable title.
And I begin a PHP class in two days, so it's nice :D

I hope you will not want to cut it right in the middle. I think this track is promising but difficult to hear if you don't have the right mood. I don't say more, here's the link.

https://soundcloud.com/marvin-shmn/backend-function

PS : can someone telll me whether my drum pattern fits into a specific sub-genre ? I never know how this is done. If you got a reference guide or something I'd be glad to see. And for info my tempo is : 112 BPM
Wow! I have no idea, what type of music this is. It's like in a category of it's own. :D

That part from 1:43 to 2:16 secs, sounds kinda Egyptian'ish.
And it makes me feel, as if I'm exploring an Egyptian stage, from an adventure game. :)

But overall, it sounds unusually cool. :D
Hee hee;

thanks a lot Mr !

Yeah, I get this Egyptian feel too;
I think it may come from the melody but also the instrument ! "Wailing PWM Lead" preset from ZynAddSubFX, very efficient.

I'd say it is computer music haha.
All this comes from the best use I could imagine from this Nescaline's strange preset.
qantuum wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:12 pm
Hee hee;

thanks a lot Mr !

Yeah, I get this Egyptian feel too;
I think it may come from the melody but also the instrument ! "Wailing PWM Lead" preset from ZynAddSubFX, very efficient.

I'd say it is computer music haha.
All this comes from the best use I could imagine from this Nescaline's strange preset.
"Wailing PWM Lead?" Gasp! I better check out that preset. :D
And that Nescaline plugin, does amaze me sometimes.
That's why I made some nescaline tuts and put them in the tutorials section, of this forum.

But overall, you really did some good work, with those sounds and presets though. :)
qantuum wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:12 pm
I get this Egyptian feel too;
Strange form, I have the impression that there are numbers floating in the Nile :lol: