One of my oldest surviving first song

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
--------------------------------------
https://soundcloud.com/user-496128473/d ... flies-2016

a long story on how was this created. I forgot if I already posted this or the VIP one.

I created this like 21 days after starting to make music. I was just a total weakling when I made that. No idea how to make music, and I didn't even know how to make chord progressions. Then I found out LMMS 0.4 or something really old version is 'preinstalled' on the almost dysfunctional computer I was using, along with Audacity. Watched a tutorial, spent 4 hours on a 16-bar chiptune song till 1 AM, but all of them including this got incompatible once I got into 1.1.3. I started from Chiptune, then 2 weeks later I've tried avant-garde Ambient and Drone Music, where I got to experiment ZASFX -- but I was so influenced by Melodic Dubstep where I got clues on constructing my own genre I called "Uplifting Ambient" that is usually used in my own songs LOL

This is my oldest surviving song that had reached mastering, and the one that had 'survived' and ported to newer versions of LMMS. I imagine the good ol days I still have 0.4.x or older and feels good man that nostalgia.
vortexsupernova wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:34 am
https://soundcloud.com/user-496128473/d ... flies-2016

a long story on how was this created. I forgot if I already posted this or the VIP one.

I created this like 21 days after starting to make music. I was just a total weakling when I made that. No idea how to make music, and I didn't even know how to make chord progressions. Then I found out LMMS 0.4 or something really old version is 'preinstalled' on the almost dysfunctional computer I was using, along with Audacity. Watched a tutorial, spent 4 hours on a 16-bar chiptune song till 1 AM, but all of them including this got incompatible once I got into 1.1.3. I started from Chiptune, then 2 weeks later I've tried avant-garde Ambient and Drone Music, where I got to experiment ZASFX -- but I was so influenced by Melodic Dubstep where I got clues on constructing my own genre I called "Uplifting Ambient" that is usually used in my own songs LOL

This is my oldest surviving song that had reached mastering, and the one that had 'survived' and ported to newer versions of LMMS. I imagine the good ol days I still have 0.4.x or older and feels good man that nostalgia.
Oooh! Lovely, lovely tune. :D
And I love the cover art too. The bluish colours and style of it, on a dark background
make it look magical. 8-)

PS: All this needs, is a few volume reductions, on the droney pad sounds, that can be heard
from the tunes intro and in some parts, throughout the tune. Because they resonate a bit.

Lovely beautiful work overall. :D
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:24 am
Oooh! Lovely, lovely tune. :D
And I love the cover art too. The bluish colours and style of it, on a dark background
make it look magical. 8-)

PS: All this needs, is a few volume reductions, on the droney pad sounds, that can be heard
from the tunes intro and in some parts, throughout the tune. Because they resonate a bit.

Lovely beautiful work overall. :D
Thaaank you <3 aand, that album photo is a requested by my sister who listened it first, I found it very fitting to the song so I decided to drew it

The droney pads? hmm gotta fix one of the slow attack sine because the peak of velocity is unpredictable but theres no way to edit the master file :lol:
Nice one, perfect for a relaxation session.

For you this track was almost an initiatory trip, a good trip :lol: