Last track of the project...then onto pastures anew!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Now that I'm currently being "reclaimed" and "re-converted" by my hip-hop urges once again in my life, I've decided to go back to beat-making and lyric-writing for a while (until the urges stop...or blossom...or whatever) but before I do that, I wanted to gather (at least a bit of) attention towards the last track of my roughly cobbled-together electronica aural "mini-series" of a project...

https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackhea ... -rough-mix

It's called Gravity Rush and...well, it's a mess...but a beautiful mess! Chaotic for some, ugly for others, this track is for those who can find enjoyment in processing many things at once. As usual, it's still a work in progress and will one day be once again unleashed in full, upgraded and polished glory!

For now, enjoy a rough taste of the climactic end to the mini-story behind the last 5 tracks posted. And if you feel like you might just be able to enjoy atypical-sounding yet interesting hip-hop instrumental beats, stay glued to my SoundCloud account (link in the signature). Cheers!
Nice, gravity is strong on your planet :)

There are unique moments, some made me laugh (more or less in the middle of the track).

Sometimes the compressor / limiter overwrites the instruments too much, especially when several instruments are typing at the same time.
Wooah! Dude, this really has a chaotic sound to it, in a cool way.
I can hear, why you call it a beautiful mess.

Despite the fact that some listeners, might find this track, a bit too loud for
some speakers. It still sounds good though.
But if you want, a tiny volume reduction on the entire track, might help.
However, I noticed that leaving it loud, does kinda add to chaoticness of it though. :D
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:36 pm
Nice, gravity is strong on your planet :)

There are unique moments, some made me laugh (more or less in the middle of the track).

Sometimes the compressor / limiter overwrites the instruments too much, especially when several instruments are typing at the same time.
Thanks mate!

Yeah, I find this track has weird and various effects on different people, depending on who they are. Which I like. I like being evocative and sometimes provocative.

Definitely more work needed, I know. Thanks for the feedback apologies for the late reply :D
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 am
Wooah! Dude, this really has a chaotic sound to it, in a cool way.
I can hear, why you call it a beautiful mess.

Despite the fact that some listeners, might find this track, a bit too loud for
some speakers. It still sounds good though.
But if you want, a tiny volume reduction on the entire track, might help.
However, I noticed that leaving it loud, does kinda add to chaoticness of it though. :D
Yeah, in this instance I prefer it loud (but not too loud else you miss the point) but I'll experiment with it further later.

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the late reply :D