Ghost of Memories (FINISH) [Indie Rock+Melodic Dubstep]

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!

Ghost of memories
Song link: https://clyp.it/i0envadl

This is a song I made less than three days. In the beginning (0:30), I recorded some random notes through MIDI, and when I thought of adding a supersaw synth on the drop intro and electric guitars, I got an Indie Rock feeling into it like Coldplay - Clocks and M83 - Midnight City.
I had no complete idea about the whole song structure; I don’t even know the key. This time I just followed my heart (what?… do I even have one :lol: ) I wanted to make some sort of Indie Dance and Melodic Dubstep in before, but I lack so much things. I got some inspiration in Krys Talk - Fly Away (Mendum remix) but instead of Slow Rock fusing into Melodic Dubstep, I did Indie Rock. And oh btw, the mastering and sound design is frustrating. Some transitions aren't smooth also, especially in the second drop. Constructive critiques and feedback, anyone?
vortexsupernova wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:27 pm
Song link: https://clyp.it/i0envadl
I like it.

It's very good what happens with the drums at 04m05.
By the way, this last part, the climax is nice.
The outro recalls the intro.

The part between 03m31 and 03m41 is too quiet in my headphones, I had to increase the volume to hear the wind. Maybe the tails of reverb that precede this part can come drool a little, and blend in with the wind. Idk.

So, good foundation, it starts to take shape. There are still some finishing layers.

I do not know Krys Talk.
Your track reminds me a bit of Boards of Canada.
Aye. It's sounding really good.
And the instruments sound, really nice and clean too. :D

Maybe if you want, you could do a 4% volume decrease,
on that cool, strong sounding, percussion snare + air hiss sound combo
that plays from 1:07 secs, and then, plays again from 2:43 secs.
Or just leave it as it is. :D
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:58 am
I like it.

It's very good what happens with the drums at 04m05.
By the way, this last part, the climax is nice.
The outro recalls the intro.
thanks for the compliment :)
The part between 03m31 and 03m41 is too quiet in my headphones, I had to increase the volume to hear the wind. Maybe the tails of reverb that precede this part can come drool a little, and blend in with the wind. Idk.

So, good foundation, it starts to take shape. There are still some finishing layers.
Oh, yeah, I noticed that the mixing is a little shallow and there are some very quiet parts. I fixed it in the next file
Your track reminds me a bit of Boards of Canada.
I listened to dem awesome songs too! I noticed this song and BoC songs have indie styles avoiding a conventional chord progression
Yop,

Nice track! Maybe some drums rolls here and there, as you made at 4:05. It would add emphasis on the transistions.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:11 am
Maybe if you want, you could do a 4% volume decrease,
on that cool, strong sounding, percussion snare + air hiss sound combo
that plays from 1:07 secs, and then, plays again from 2:43 secs.
Yeah, I noticed that it was loud when I used speakers (not headphones). Buuut... dammit, RC-6 ruined the dubstep snare, its sound was created using compressors, EQ's and with the help of other waveforms/harmonics of the other instruments clashing to it to make that unique sound. In RC-6 I noticed some effects don't override anymore. I have to revert back to RC-5, but it gone bad. :lol:
vortexsupernova wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:35 pm
Yeah, I noticed that it was loud when I used speakers (not headphones). Buuut... dammit, RC-6 ruined the dubstep snare, its sound was created using compressors, EQ's and with the help of other waveforms/harmonics of the other instruments clashing to it to make that unique sound. In RC-6 I noticed some effects don't override anymore. I have to revert back to RC-5, but it gone bad. :lol:
Do you have many similar problems with your projects made with older versions?