Play With The Line, new version integrating your advices

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi,

I just uploaded a new version of the track "Play With The Line", taking into account your advices on LMMS forums.

For this new version, I added new sounds, new settings, more reverbs and echoes to get a richer sound.

https://soundcloud.com/user-930436467/p ... he-line-v2

Please can you tell me if it's better now and how I can improve it again.

And here is the first version : https://soundcloud.com/user-930436467/a ... h-the-line

Thank you by advance,
See you soon !
Axl
The changes are quite subtle.

From the beginning, the kick is softer, it works well. What you can do is use these two kicks (that of this version and the one of the previous version) at different times. For example, the soft kick for the beginning and the quieter parts, and the kick with the more pronounced attack for the more intense parts, when the audience is supposed to go crazy.

From the beginning, there is also appearance of a djembe, it sounds good, fits well. It can even be the subject of a work on the rhythmic variations around the regular kick pulse as a real djembe player would.

The snare also sounds a little softer.

Well, to go a little further, if I put myself in the shoes of a DJ (I'm not DJ), I think the intro is too direct. I do not know which is better: modify what exists, or add a few bars before the start.

And I would say the same thing for the outro, the track stops too abruptly.

>>>>> it's only a point of view!
Thank you for your specific analysis and advices, that are always relevant.

- Using 2 kicks : I understood it recently and use it on a new track I'm creating now. But on this track in particular, I found the kick was too hard in version 1, so I dont think I'll reintroduce it even in the middle of the track.

- Instrument appearing at the beginning : It's a conga. Work on the rhythmic variations : great idea !

- Too short intro : I'm really ok with that, and I prefer to add a few bars at the beginning. Question : Is there a way to add bars whithout moving everything ?

- Abrupted end : Even in my head, I wasn't in the DJ's schoes (for this track), and I wanted to make an album "playfull end", as Brandy says...

Be sure I will submit a version 3 as soon as possible !
Axl
AXLSANG wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:02 am
Question : Is there a way to add bars whithout moving everything ?
No, that I know, it is not possible to add bars without moving everything.