Across The Gray Sky - inspired by: The Red Baron (2008)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi everyone,

Across The Gray Sky - it's my new composition inspired by the movie: The Red Baron (2008).

Type: instrumental, orchestral, symphonic, soundtrack.

Mood: war, aviation, courage, sacrifice, loss.

Music composed by me and produced with LMMS software :)

Listen it here:
https://soundcloud.com/adam-matejko-698 ... e-gray-sky

And share with me your feedback and opinions :)
Yop,

Wow....Beyond the quality of the melodies and the musical arrangement, I find in this track all the shades a real orchestra could render. A great track for sure.
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:04 pm
Wow....Beyond the quality of the melodies and the musical arrangement, I find in this track all the shades a real orchestra could render. A great track for sure.
Hi Mo Stitchi,

Thank you for listening to the track and expressing your opinion about it. I appreciate it :) It is not easy for me to create orchestral music. I do not have knowledge, experience and genius talent in it. But I'm working on it and I'm trying to develop my composing and production skills. It's hard to master the sound of free orchestral soundfonts. Especially if you do not have a good ear like me :D The issues of dynamics, expression and reverberation are still overwhelming me :P
This is amazing. I really like the piano part and the way it relates to the orchestral theme.
cyklemen wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:25 am
This is amazing. I really like the piano part and the way it relates to the orchestral theme.
Thank you very much :) I am glad that you appreciate the part with the piano. The idea to enter the piano in the middle of the track was simple. I wanted to introduce something new so that the whole thing would not be boring. But from the idea to the implementation it was not at all easy :P I struggled with it ;) So I am happy about the fact that someone appreciated it :D
Nice theme, well rendered! I also think that a real orchestra would be the best for your work. Have you ever tried professional sound banks? (me no, but it seems like it's used a lot for movie soundtrack).
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:22 pm
Nice theme, well rendered! I also think that a real orchestra would be the best for your work. Have you ever tried professional sound banks? (me no, but it seems like it's used a lot for movie soundtrack).
Hi D.Ipsum,

At some time I plan to migrate to FL Studio and use EastWest ComposerCloud. It is a subscription service with a monthly payment plan. Other orchestral sound libraries like: Metropolis Ark, Spitfire Audio Albion One, Audio Imperia Jaeger, etc. - are terrifyingly expensive, far beyond my financial possibilities :( But I hope that I will be able to develop my poor musical abilities with ComposerCloud in the near future.
First off, congrats on this track.
The whole mood of it, really does sound like it's portraying, a war torn scene from a movie.
I like the piano parts too. They seem tell a story.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:02 pm
First off, congrats on this track.
The whole mood of it, really does sound like it's portraying, a war torn scene from a movie.
I like the piano parts too. They seem tell a story.
Brandy Starbrite, Thank you very much for all nice words about my new track. I know that this is not a professional job yet but it was the first time, when I controlled the creation process of track. I had ideas and I was able to implement them. It was a great feeling :)
admat81 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm
but it was the first time, when I controlled the creation process of track. I had ideas and I was able to implement them. It was a great feeling :)
And that is very good. 8-)