June Track!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
insonico wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:56 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:42 am
From 00m45s, the reverberated left / right percussion is great.
Thanks. I use 4 different kicks and 4 different snares. Some snares panned slightly. I think that adds some interest to the percussion.
Clearly, I believe that our ears need this diversity.

I re-listened to this track on my Focal Alpha, what a pleasure!
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 am

Nice!
Good monitors are probably going to be my next investment. That one is so expensive where I live though... Was it a good investment?
insonico wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:44 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 am

Nice!
Good monitors are probably going to be my next investment. That one is so expensive where I live though... Was it a good investment?
Compared to my old cheap speakers (Logitech X-140 and the sub of Logitech S-220), I am fully satisfied with these Focal Alpha 6.5 inches. The differences between the two models are obvious (although the acoustics of my room are not treated). But I have no other point of comparison.

Initially, I wanted to take the 5-inch model, but since the store did not have one, I took the 6.5-inch model. I was worried that 6.5 inches is too big for my local (~ 32 sqm), but that's not the case.

The only drawback of this model is its automatic standby function. After several minutes of inactivity, the device turns off, and to turn it back on, a fairly large input volume (in dB terms) is required.

I was disappointed the first time I used these speakers, disappointed in rediscovering my tracks because their weaknesses became obvious. It even appeared details that I had not perceived on my Logitech ... The idea of ​​having to rework all my tracks was not motivating at all. I have depressed a few days ... But now, I am very happy (except for the hole in my wallet).

So, yes, good investment.

What do you use as speakers?
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:39 pm
Compared to my old cheap speakers (Logitech X-140 and the sub of Logitech S-220), I am fully satisfied with these Focal Alpha 6.5 inches. The differences between the two models are obvious (although the acoustics of my room are not treated). But I have no other point of comparison.

Initially, I wanted to take the 5-inch model, but since the store did not have one, I took the 6.5-inch model. I was worried that 6.5 inches is too big for my local (~ 32 sqm), but that's not the case.

The only drawback of this model is its automatic standby function. After several minutes of inactivity, the device turns off, and to turn it back on, a fairly large input volume (in dB terms) is required.

I was disappointed the first time I used these speakers, disappointed in rediscovering my tracks because their weaknesses became obvious. It even appeared details that I had not perceived on my Logitech ... The idea of ​​having to rework all my tracks was not motivating at all. I have depressed a few days ... But now, I am very happy (except for the hole in my wallet).

So, yes, good investment.

I have an EDIFIER X100B. It's better than an average PC speaker, but I'm sure it pales compared to professional monitors. I also have a Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphone, so I also use that, especially when mixing.

Now I fear listening to my tracks with good monitors too. hahaha
But I'm sure it'll be for the better. It'll would be an improvement.
insonico wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:19 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:39 pm
I have an EDIFIER X100B. It's better than an average PC speaker, but I'm sure it pales compared to professional monitors. I also have a Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphone, so I also use that, especially when mixing.

Now I fear listening to my tracks with good monitors too. hahaha
But I'm sure it'll be for the better. It'll would be an improvement.
Yes, I think it's worth replacing your multimedia speakers with monitor speakers.
Do not forget that you will have to acquire an audio interface too (+ cables if necessary) to enjoy your speakers :roll:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:40 am

Yes, I think it's worth replacing your multimedia speakers with monitor speakers.
Do not forget that you will have to acquire an audio interface too (+ cables if necessary) to enjoy your speakers :roll:
Yeah I have the interface, just not the monitors yet. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet. :D