June Track!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey everyone,

Here's this month's track:

https://soundcloud.com/insonico/interloper

I'm now halfway through my goal of releasing monthly tracks this year. I'm amazed I've been pulling it off, to be honest. :lol:
Let's see if I'll make it through, though...

Anyway, hope you guys like it!
I like that! Maybe add some bass?
Good job

Davide
insonico wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:52 pm
Hey everyone,

Here's this month's track:

https://soundcloud.com/insonico/interloper

I'm now halfway through my goal of releasing monthly tracks this year. I'm amazed I've been pulling it off, to be honest. :lol:
Let's see if I'll make it through, though...

I just checked, you have a total of about 40 minutes of good sound published in almost a year! This last track makes my day.

In your chanllenge (publish a track a month for a year), how do you work? Do you work the entire month on a track? How much time do you spend on your tracks?
insonico wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:52 pm
Wow! I like the mysterious feel, of the entire thing.
Especially during the intro part too.
And the drums sounds great too, the rhythm is well broken.
dave30814 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:17 am
I like that! Maybe add some bass?
Good job

Davide
Thanks for listening! :)
Well there's bass all throughout the track. Granted it doesn't change it much...
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:05 pm
I just checked, you have a total of about 40 minutes of good sound published in almost a year! This last track makes my day.

In your chanllenge (publish a track a month for a year), how do you work? Do you work the entire month on a track? How much time do you spend on your tracks?
Thanks, man! I hadn't realised it was up to 40 minutes already...

Well, I usually give myself the first week or two to work on whatever I feel like, you know. Old projects or new ones.
Then, in the later half, I focus on a track that I feel I can finish until the end of the month. From that point on I pretty much focus solely on that track.

In terms of time I don't have an exact number though I'd be interested to keep track... But as an estimation, I'd say around 15 hours for a new track. I work slowly and I sometimes take little breaks, so...
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:45 am
Thanks!

That's where the track started. I really liked that first pattern so I built on that.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:19 am
Wow! I like the mysterious feel, of the entire thing.
Especially during the intro part too.
Thanks Brandy!
That's pretty much the mood I was going for. Glad it works. :D
insonico wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:14 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks, man! I hadn't realised it was up to 40 minutes already...

Well, I usually give myself the first week or two to work on whatever I feel like, you know. Old projects or new ones.
Then, in the later half, I focus on a track that I feel I can finish until the end of the month. From that point on I pretty much focus solely on that track.

In terms of time I don't have an exact number though I'd be interested to keep track... But as an estimation, I'd say around 15 hours for a new track. I work slowly and I sometimes take little breaks, so...
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:45 am
Thanks!

That's where the track started. I really liked that first pattern so I built on that.
From 00m45s, the reverberated left / right percussion is great.

Generally, do you much attenuate the high frequencies in your projects?
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:42 am
From 00m45s, the reverberated left / right percussion is great.
Thanks. I use 4 different kicks and 4 different snares. Some snares panned slightly. I think that adds some interest to the percussion.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:42 am
Generally, do you much attenuate the high frequencies in your projects?
It depends on the project really. But I think I've done that quite a bit of that yeah.