LMMS projects made in jail !!!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi, I’m Marco.
I’m a trainer certified in Logic Pro, using Ableton, and so on...
For an Italian prison project, I’ve been involved in electronic music tutoring with different students at the moment in jail.
We finished around ten songs in June, different style, house, deep, trap, hip hop.
I was using LMMS because was the only software completely free in order to install it inside.
Se used it into very old pc, with pentium 4, and os Sodilinux.
The songs are pretty good, considering a training of only 30 hours starting from 0. In these days I’m mastering the final tracks, and then I will be glad to share them with you if you’d love it.
Or tell me when I can do it in order to give LMMS more popolarity.
Thank you for the attention.

Marco Perino
Apple Certified Master Trainer Logic
Marcperi wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:38 am
I will be glad to share them with you if you’d love it.
Or tell me when I can do it in order to give LMMS more popolarity.
Welcome!

It seems like a great project!

You can publish your tracks on platforms such as Soundcloud, Youtube, etc. and then post the links here on the forum (in the Music section), on the LMMS Facebook page or on the LMMS Discord.

(I don't know what is best, a collective account or an individual account depending on the way you work)
yeah i'd love to see a tracks on a soundcloud playlist
Wow! As I saw the word "jail" in the title, I was like,..... what the beans?!
That's a a really interesting story and job you have there.

I agree with the other guys.
Feel free to upload the tracks, on soundcloud, youtube etc. so we can listen to them.
If you put them on soundcloud, you might want to put all of the tracks, in an EP or playlist.

Also, welcome to the forums Marcperi.
Thank you all :)

I'm finishing just the mastering in these days, and then I will for sure link you the 11 songs at your attention.

Some are "basic", but some other I have to say are absolutely professional !!!

I hope you will enjoy :)
Marcperi wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:59 am
Thank you all :)

I'm finishing just the mastering in these days, and then I will for sure link you the 11 songs at your attention.

Some are "basic", but some other I have to say are absolutely professional !!!

I hope you will enjoy :)
Have you published something since your first message?
I'm waiting the authorization from jail.
It will takes 2 weekd more.

The track are already online, but in a private link for the moment :)
Marcperi wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:54 am
I'm waiting the authorization from jail.
It will takes 2 weekd more.

The track are already online, but in a private link for the moment :)
HERE WE ARE....

finally the link for the Jail project...

Thanks to all the listeners...

https://soundcloud.com/epoqe/sets/beat-dentro

BEAT DENTRO
Biella Prison
A door closes behind me, and opens up to the other world.
Few meters on foot and a second check to the metal detector.
Past a heavy blue metal door, I'm in limbo.
I'm in that area of ​​the airports before passport control ...
I'm inside, I've arrived ... But I'm still out.
A third metal door opens and a guard controls me for the third time, before opening the fourth door.
A long corridor, crossing the first glances of those who live there or those who work there.
The fifth door has a bell. Sound. I'm waiting.
Take the lock to another corridor and another barred area.
The guards watch me with the cameras.
Some recognize me, and they point to colleagues to open the sixth.
A wave of greeting to those who opened and played on the left, where I hear another shot ... The last one.
The seventh door opens.
I arrived.
Speakers.
Twelve names echo in the air.
Twelve prisoners ... for ten minutes.
Twelve music producers, smiling, as soon as they arrive and shake my hand.

Last June, we completed the music production course with the free LMMS software.
Have you ever heard of it?
Not even me until some time ago.
It was the only software that could run on Pentium 4 computers, with Sodilinux operating system.
The only software that would not have nailed computers that take 10 minutes to turn on and as many to shut down.

No musical instrument connected. No Midi, no Audio.
No third-party plugins.
Only as much as this software, naked and raw, could offer us, and a NO wi-fi mouse to work on it.

These that are heard are the ten completely new songs released from their inspiration.

The CPIA Biella Vercelli project was made possible with European funding funds, the PON ESF project.

Good listening to everyone ....
Beat Inside ...
out for you.
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised, I like it a lot, I'm listening, and until now, I think it's a beautiful escape.

I see there were 12 inmates for 10 tracks. Is this the first time they make music? How did you all organize to produce these tracks? Each of the 12 inmates involved in several tracks? And how are you (Marcperi) personally involved in the production of the tracks? In a way, these 10 tracks have many points in common, the musical worlds are quite close, the genre is quite similar from one track to another, with a focus on the rhythm that is strongly marked. It's quite surprising, as if you had given them your own approach to music.

Good job guys!