LMMS projects made in jail !!!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:45 am
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised, I like it a lot, I'm listening, and until now, I think it's a beautiful escape.

I see there were 12 inmates for 10 tracks. Is this the first time they make music? How did you all organize to produce these tracks? Each of the 12 inmates involved in several tracks? And how are you (Marcperi) personally involved in the production of the tracks? In a way, these 10 tracks have many points in common, the musical worlds are quite close, the genre is quite similar from one track to another, with a focus on the rhythm that is strongly marked. It's quite surprising, as if you had given them your own approach to music.

Good job guys!
Thank you for your comment and questions...
Yes, for them is a huge escape and even a will to continue to make music once out.
Once I explain my project to authority they gave me very old 7 pc, but I found that one of them was not working. So I asked them to give me 12 names, in order to let them work 2 for each pc.
I gave them basic instruction about beat and bass one hour, and then, they had 2 hours to continue in their way...
One hour for piano roll, one for sound design, and so on...
I didn’t help them for music style...
For example Delta song is made by an Italian and one Liberian guy loving Hip Hop and Rap.
Bocciolo an Monstanzo are coming both from two techno lovers.
Unfortunately the pc very old, and the monitors with very bad listening didn’t help them a lot to go in deep about sound experiments.
I was just supervising, and help the couple that were asking me about sound signature or scale.
Some couple reach 2 songs... some couple only one... that’s why 10 songs for 12 people... with 6 pc.
Then I had the permission to bring out the LMMS project, and I mastered them in my studio...
And here we are :)

Ps about my style, I’m more involved in future bass, so I think that I didn’t conditions them too much :)
Marcperi wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:27 am
[...]
Wow, the production time was very limited. It is true that with strong constraints, to work in urgency pushes to surpass oneself.

Here on the forum, Insonico has given itself the challenge of producing one track a month for one year.

It's definitely something I need to work on. It is time that I move a little faster.

In any case, please, give them my congratulations, I find this project and the result very exciting.

Do you plan to publish this project on a site such as Bandcamp? This could give them at least a little butter for the spinach :lol:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Marcperi wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:27 am
[...]
In any case, please, give them my congratulations, I find this project and the result very exciting.

Do you plan to publish this project on a site such as Bandcamp? This could give them at least a little butter for the spinach :lol:
I will give them your congratulations, and thank you.
Only Free listening, no bandcamp or related sites.
They agreed and signed for this. And, as they cannot be mentioned with real name, I think that is better to don't gain any money in any way about their song.

The sharing and listening is their real success.

Feel free to share the songs...

And they don't need butter for the spinach... :)

Next month I will start with a new class.
Marcperi wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:02 am
Next month I will start with a new class.
OK, I hope to be here again to listen to this!
I updated the SoundCloud link
I will add new songs this evening

The new soundcloud lmms link for jail’s original project is

https://soundcloud.com/beatdentro

Thank you for following :)
The LMMs project in jail got a prize

https://www.lastampa.it/biella/2020/02/ ... hemIjP7LbY
Marcperi wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:58 am
The LMMs project in jail got a prize

https://www.lastampa.it/biella/2020/02/ ... hemIjP7LbY
AWWW congrats sir! :D