It's Been a While...

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!

Which songs are your favorite?

Ulterior Motives
38%
Black Friday
13%
Cyber Monday
No votes
198X
13%
The Longest Day
13%
[Untitled 2]
25%
Emergency!
No votes

Hey everyone, Diamond Ace (Pansonics) here. It's been a while since I last posted on this forum, but life had managed to get in the way of my musicmaking. Aside from that, I've been hard at work posting new stuff on Soundcloud whenever I could, and I've amassed quite a few new songs in the past couple of months. With these ideas I've been tweaking up my production technique, and playing around with a few new sounds that I felt would add to my aesthetic. Luckily, I've thrown all of them into a playlist which could be heard here:
https://soundcloud.com/diamond-ace-musi ... nic-dreams
Great collection!

Utlerior Motives and [Untitled 2] are my favourites.

I enjoyed the sound of cymbals in Black Friday, if I'm not mistaken it is the only track in which you use this technique. Can you say something on that?
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:09 am
I enjoyed the sound of cymbals in Black Friday, if I'm not mistaken it is the only track in which you use this technique. Can you say something on that?
If you're talking about the ride cymbal accompanying the kick, it was just something I threw in cause I felt it would go well with the sound.

But if you're talking about the hats, here's what I did: I added compression, a little reverb, and a nose gate in that order. Glad you liked them!
pansonics wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:50 pm
If you're talking about the ride cymbal accompanying the kick, it was just something I threw in cause I felt it would go well with the sound.

But if you're talking about the hats, here's what I did: I added compression, a little reverb, and a nose gate in that order. Glad you liked them!
Thanks, nice effects combo.

Also, sorry, the first two votes are mine (I voted without being connected and I didn't know if it was laughed into account, so I revoted ... electoral fraud you know ...).
Oh yeah! Cool music! 8-)

The kick drum in Ulterior motives, should be a tad bit more powerful.
But overall it's a great tune. :)

Black Friday, has a really interesting, yet heavier style to it.
It's definitely a mix of uplifting tones and heavier basses etc.

Cyber Monday, Okay, at first, I could strangely could not listen to it, because at first
it said "not available in my country". Now it's strangely working. :P
This tune interestingly enough, has that magical fairy sound to it.
Especially when that bright descending arp plays. I will admit, that sound really
brings an amazing charm, to this track. :)

198x That whole intro part, from 0 to 1:31 secs, has that unusual
futuristic atmosphere to it. It's difficult for me to describe. Lol!
And the rest of the tune sounds nice. 8-)

The Longest day, Ooooh! That intro! And music! Gasp! Siiiiick!! O.O
This one needs a volume raise. I like this one. 8-)

Untitled 2 is SICK!! 8-)

Emergency! (retro version) is good track.
Those synth sounds and melodies, sound really rad.

Emergency, this one sounds good too.
But I noticed, that the kickdrum seems a bit drowned out.
Oh well, it's still a good track. :)

A nice collection of tunes you have here. 8-)
I think that all they need now, is a tiny volume raise. ;)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:18 am
Untitled 2 is SICK!! 8-)
Thanks! I think out of all the songs I've made so far, that one was the most fun! It definitely goes up there as one of my greatest songs.