The Party - Kraze, Cover attempt

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
114 posts
Gps wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:28 pm
Bring in the dancing girls.

I just did a test, my bass line and the Tunnel remix.

I am 100% in key and in sync. :D
Good job! what is it in the 0/1 system?

Oh and Bowie..
2. and 4. note are the same.. :p
I am gonna send you the file if you don't mind. ( as it is now )

I have added something that to me definitely seems to add swing. but it feels so weird that I would like you to comment on it.

I find it hard to explain so seems easier to send the file.

Its about two hi hats and the kick.

One hi hat is kind off started by the kick, the other one is the off beat hihat we can clearly here in the original.

The one started by the kick starts around 3/192 after the kick. ( moved notes in piano role )

I am trying to mimic something I hear, and would like you to comment on what I did.

Bowie is getting on my nerves ;) LOL

I have in lmms the first 30 sec of child in time, and am still lost on what part you mean he used. Too funny.

Is it in the dang dang dang ( bassline ) or the right hand part of john Lord ? :)
Gps wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:05 pm
I am gonna send you the file if you don't mind. ( as it is now )

Great -looking fwd to 'compare notes' :P
The one started by the kick starts around 3/192 after the kick.
Oohh -so you think part of the percussion is outside the x/2 !
I believe i can time it to 1/64, but then it could be whilted.. Interesting!
Bowie is getting on my nerves ;) LOL
Is it in the dang dang dang ( bassline ) or the right hand part of john Lord ? :)
It is simply ALL(!) of the very fist 12 iconic John Lord hits in first phrase! So The 4 notes! ..even almost same order!

Clue:
Bowie even starts on the same note as CiT, but looong notes, first one sometimes played for 8 bars -or more, making concert audience cheering frenetically :p
The note that is being repeated twice, but not en succession, is the second in CiT
Gonna do some more thinking about bowie.

First twelve notes, I think I should be able to hear were bowie got inspired. :)

Did 3/192 because we can not hear that difference but we do noticed it, when things are playing together.

Its so hard tell what going on in original. Its almost like there is this continues hi hat sound interrupted by the kick and the off beat hi hat.

Now I start to wonder while typing this, :O could it be ? Two things to try.

Two hi hat sounds one turned around glued together. Or maybe just an inverse hi hat sound.

Will be easy to try in LMMS. ( audio file processor )

Is there an reverse hi hat sound we hear? :P

My hi hat sounds at least much shorter. Maybe Sonic vizualizer can help here too.
When I tried it with The Party from Kraze. I saw this very wide hi hat sound, kinda confirming my above thoughts.

Edit :

Allot of reverb on the hi hat is interesting, playing with that now, wet signal louder then dry signal.
Starts to sound Like The Party.
Gps wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am
I was hoping you would say that.

I hear something different, but don't have a clue on what is different.

Do you agree with the notes the bass player gave me? ( EEE EEE GGG AAA )
Hmmm....( EEE EEE GGG AAA )? Interesting. :geek:
Okay. I'm gonna listen to it again, and get back to you as soon as possible. :)
musikbear wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:26 am
Gps wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am

Do you agree with the notes the bass player gave me? ( EEE EEE GGG AAA )
I do, but i hear EEEE EEEE GGGG AAAA

or in my syst:
00ee 0ee0 00ee 0ee0 same spacing for g and a
Yeah it really sounds more like "EEEE EEEE GGGG AAAA"
I hear the same thing too.

But then again, I wonder if your musician friend, might be correct, when he said
( EEE EEE GGG AAA ), but for some strange reason, we're hearing it sound
like EEEE? :geek:

Sorry if I unfortunately confused everyone. :P
You're not confusing me.

Yesterday musicbear also said its 3 notes, but also because of Sonic Visualizer, we know its tree notes.

Why do we, including me hear something else ?

I think it has to do with the fact its a bassguitar, and the way that especially the first note ( string ) is touched.

I might also be something like delay, that keeps confusing us.

My current bassline has two rows on notes. Top row is moved 1 or 2 /192 to the right.
Nice try but it does not really sound right.

You probably want to have a look at sonic visualizer. https://www.sonicvisualiser.org/
Its a program like audacity, but it can do some interesting stuff. There is a pic of it in this topic.
Somebody from Linux musicians forum, had put The party - Kraze into the program.

The program can give a piano roll like picture of the notes played.

This tunnel remix, might also help you to hear its 3 motes, with first note longer.
( with according to the linux mucisian forum, ping pong delay added, for the tunnel sound )

Music bear also helped me with first piano part. It was close but no cigar. :) A little change on the second bar of the loop.
Using a bass guitar vst now. That really helps.

Will have allot less time to make music :( , because I might have a job again :) .
Gps wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:34 pm
Will have allot less time to make music :( , because I might have a job again
Congrates!

Bowie-clue
The music is from a movie...
After watching a vid of bowie songs in movies.

Under pressure ?

Its funny I don't have a clue.
114 posts