S.Q.D.A. (A beat for alien spitters)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Back on the hip hop tracks now. Another one of those LMMS "out there" hip hop instrumentals tailor-made for my alien mate to spit on. Still a WIP though.

Go ahead and let me know what you think anyway. Like most of these beats, you won't get it now but you will one day...

https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackheart/sqda

~#mFQ#~
musicFreQ wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:07 pm
let me know what you think anyway.
I will only address the tech side.
I like your percussion soundscape, but the instruments are weak. It may be intended to sound flat almost 8 bit, but to me it does not work. Someone else have to say something about the musical Q. I cant. I dont get most HH.
musikbear wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:31 am
musicFreQ wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:07 pm
let me know what you think anyway.
I will only address the tech side.
I like your percussion soundscape, but the instruments are weak. It may be intended to sound flat almost 8 bit, but to me it does not work. Someone else have to say something about the musical Q. I cant. I dont get most HH.
Thank you for the constructive criticism. I haven't gotten fully into the technical part of production and post-production side of things as of yet so naturally everything I make up to this point will sound a bit "weak" here and there (that's why they're WIPs). I could probably tweak the drums a bit but that'll be later. I just wanted to get the musical idea out there for now.
The claps sound a bit plain. Use one of Lmms' reverb plugins on it
to make it sound cooler.

Or add one of lmms' echo effect plugins, or perhaps a calf vintage delay plugin, onto it.
Or a combination of both reverb and calf vintage delay, or vice versa.

Your choice.
I like the whole sound style of it though. Good music.
While listening to it, I think of a whole band of musicians, wearing old school fedora hats
and playing cello and other instruments, in a club. :D
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:09 am
The claps sound a bit plain. Use one of Lmms' reverb plugins on it
to make it sound cooler.

Or add one of lmms' echo effect plugins, or perhaps a calf vintage delay plugin, onto it.
Or a combination of both reverb and calf vintage delay, or vice versa.

Your choice.
Again, a good point. The drums are the most stand-out part of the beat but right now it's for all the wrong reasons. As i said before, I just wanted to get the idea out there for now but cheers for the technical advice. I'll look into those options.
brandystarbrite wrote:
I like the whole sound style of it though. Good music.
While listening to it, I think of a whole band of musicians, wearing old school fedora hats
and playing cello and other instruments, in a club. :D
I see what you mean, haha! Would love to see the club where they're playing a bit of synth to go with the smooth jazz playing in the background :D

Glad you like it.