I have don't know what genre my new song would be. Any idea

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I just finished this, if you got any feed back to give I'd love to hear. Anything from composition, arrangenent, sound design, etc. If you got any new tracks, let me know and I can give you some feedback on them too :)

https://soundcloud.com/lenoquo/n-e-o-n-s-o-u-l

Also I post stuff on Insta @Lenoquo
williamsryan wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm
https://soundcloud.com/lenoquo/n-e-o-n-s-o-u-l

This topic is published in the wrong section, it should be moved to the Music Projects section.

The links of your signature have nothing to do with music. Other(s) user(s) have the same links to "Akinator", "Xender" and "Kik". Can you change your signature?

Are you human?
Look to Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, Soundcloud, Beatport, etc.

Try listening to music from other eras, and see if any of that ticks any of your mental boxes. When you find an artist you like, note all of the “related artists” in whichever service you are listening to at the time. And note what genre(s), or “scene(s)” they belong(ed) to. Like you, I’m in love with just about every style of music. But there is A LOT of crap to filter through with literally every genre of music.

Just keep digging. Don’t stop. And don’t be afraid to just click a random band. You never know what treasures you will find.
I’ve had to think about what I’m into categorically beyond the normal marketing scheme. Most music tends to be written with an audience in mind- it’s actually something that you hear at conventions and conferences quite often. “Visualize your audience.” I think that type of writing has it’s place- particularly when you’re a novelist as it helps with cohesion, but it tends to make music seem super fake. For every popular hashtag, there are think-tank popular (pop) writers who are trying to snag your attention and money.
Songs that share patterns can be grouped in a genre that describes those patterns. You can find these patterns in any music dynamic: rhythm, speed, progression, key, instrumentation, whatever.
All the songs that share pattrns can be grouped into genre. I think it tends to make music seem super fake.
williamsryan wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm
I just finished this, if you got any feed back to give I'd love to hear. Anything from composition, arrangenent, sound design, etc. If you got any new tracks, let me know and I can give you some feedback on them too :)

How the heck did I miss this? :P

This is one lovely, cool, chill tune bro.
I would put this in the category, of melodious chill style music, if there is such a thing. 8-)

Thanks to those silly bots, this cool track got bumped up, So they did something right for once, in their "botty cybernetic/human lives." Anyway, I hope you're doing good with music and stuff, because we haven't seen you on this forum for a while. :D