Just kiddin

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Really nice, but really short too. It's on purpose?
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:34 am
Really nice, but really short too. It's on purpose?
Thnx! Nice to read your next post 'bout my pains :D !
Short boring time - short piece of sound :D
I like to do mostly a short things (talking 'bout music only :D ), 'cause i don't wanna waste a time and attention of listeners... Probably because of my own attitude. Most modern music hits are based on a short idea - 5-20 seconds. The rest of track is just waiting of iteration of this magic part usually. I can extend almost any of my things to 3-5 minutes. But really it's not a question of exact music track, but is the question of my current status. Some times it's better to stop where you are, so not to become bored. ;)
alex_lea wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:53 pm
'cause i don't wanna waste a time and attention of listeners... Probably because of my own attitude. Most modern music hits are based on a short idea - 5-20 seconds. The rest of track is just waiting of iteration of this magic part usually. I can extend almost any of my things to 3-5 minutes. But really it's not a question of exact music track, but is the question of my current status. Some times it's better to stop where you are, so not to become bored. ;)
Here, on the forum, there are several testimonials from users (myself included) who are fighting to develop their musical ideas, which end up with more or less long loops which are missing for example a beginning, a development or an end.

But it'is the first time someone tells me that it produces short music clips just to not annoy the listeners :o :lol:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:51 am
alex_lea wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:53 pm
'cause i don't wanna waste a time and attention of listeners... Probably because of my own attitude. Most modern music hits are based on a short idea - 5-20 seconds. The rest of track is just waiting of iteration of this magic part usually. I can extend almost any of my things to 3-5 minutes. But really it's not a question of exact music track, but is the question of my current status. Some times it's better to stop where you are, so not to become bored. ;)
Here, on the forum, there are several testimonials from users (myself included) who are fighting to develop their musical ideas, which end up with more or less long loops which are missing for example a beginning, a development or an end.

But it'is the first time someone tells me that it produces short music clips just to not annoy the listeners :o :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae7fLwy4MP8

Is this a good sample of what you wanna tell? The intro takes more than 2 minutes - every loop is just adding one more instrument?
alex_lea wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:31 am
Is this a good sample of what you wanna tell? The intro takes more than 2 minutes - every loop is just adding one more instrument?
Yes, it's a good example, I think it's more "fun" to listen to than a track that stops in its growth, fligth, run-up. It's all the more frustrating because you produce great things.

Well, it's just a point of view ...