Trance track. Feedback needed.

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi. Have made a trance song. Feedback welcome on the production especially :). I do need more variations in the melody admittedly :o
Listen to The Edge Of The System by Dewke #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-330158/the- ... the-system
I like it, it might need more hiding its repetitive.

Don't know yet my self very well on how to do that though.

Some sweeps ?
Thanks Gps :) . It definitely does need more variety :o
I am learning so much from my cover attempt, the party.

The basics are a "simple" loop over and over again, but all kinds of stuff is happening to hide how repetitive it is.

Noticed this in trance too, sweeps and such to distract from the repetitiveness.

If I keep repeating my favourite part of the party in lmms, it gets boring soon.
I was totally shocked to find this out, but there is lesson here for us to learn. :)
Nice one.

Regarding the variations, as you indicate, you can modify the melodic score of your instruments, but you can also consider the automations. For example, a low-pass filter automation, or an automation of anything else, of any effect assigned to your synths.

You can do this just for fun, for experimentation, to see what works. You place blocks of automations of 4 or 8 bars throughout your track (when it's short, it's easier to edit), you use the recording function, and you play like that all along of the track.

In the end, if you do not like it, you just have to delete your automation track.
If you delete your automation track, and want to be sure you can recover the initial value of the automated parameter (e.g. VOL = 95.2), just take notes (F10). In fact, I would say that it is better to take notes before automating anything. So, like that, you lose nothing. I believe it can only be positive.
Thank you D.Ipsum for the feedback :). Very informative. I will definitely give it a try.
Ooooh, this is super cool. 8-)
The melodies are this are nice. I can understand why you think, that the
melodies sound a bit repetitive, but it isn't really that noticeable. (Well to me that is.)
But for this track, it's a good thing that you find it to be so. If you want, make
some more melody variations.

Tip: The kick drum is a slight bit too loud though.
Lower down the volume of the kick a tiny bit, and it'll sound just right. ;)

PS: Dude, that choir sounds really cool. Which choir are you using?
Is it one from the Johanness Roussel site? :D