[journal] LilyPop: The song about a girl's dark secrets

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!

Third track of our game, "Hemoglobin Lunar", expresses:
  • the pain of having to keep the secrets inside to protect your loved ones
  • feel the strong urge to tell them but then having to hold it back
So yeep, enjoy the track down here, and tell us what you think.
[Youtube] https://youtu.be/mOfE2TDKkcA

Thanks for listening and passing by.
lilypopteam wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:55 pm
[Youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOfE2TDKkcA&t=71s
There is a problem with the address of the link, it sends to the second 71 of the track (look at what is written at the end of the address).
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:39 pm
lilypopteam wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:55 pm
[Youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOfE2TDKkcA&t=71s
There is a problem with the address of the link, it sends to the second 71 of the track (look at what is written at the end of the address).
Oh my I'm terribly sorry. Just updated the link again in the original post. I also re-copied the link down here for you to find it easier:
https://youtu.be/mOfE2TDKkcA

How do you like the track? :D
I went through your SoundCloud page and stopped by "Landscape", quite ambient and distorting sounds you're having. Also paid attention the artwork cover of the other tracks, quite tripping, isn't it xD twisty twisty~ Guess common souls are attracted ..
lilypopteam wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:10 pm
How do you like the track? :D
I went through your SoundCloud page and stopped by "Landscape", quite ambient and distorting sounds you're having. Also paid attention the artwork cover of the other tracks, quite tripping, isn't it xD twisty twisty~ Guess common souls are attracted ..
Thank you :lol:

Regarding the xylophone that introduces the track, there is a click to end of the certain notes. Is this an audio file used in AudioFileProcessor? If so, I get the impression that you have not activated the volume envelope (in the Envelope, Filter & LFO tab). I would advise going on the following values ​​to cancel this click without changing the length of the notes in the Piano-Roll:
- AMT = 1 (with amount = 1, the envelope is fully activated)
- DEL = 0
- ATT = 0
- HOLD = 0
- DEC = 0
- SUST = 1
- REL = value close to 0, for example 0.05

Otherwise (ie, if you do not activate the volume envelope), you can cancel these clicks by adjusting the length of notes in the Piano-Roll. For this, if your audio file lasts 1 second, you must have lengths of note worth 1 second (with experience, you will find that this last thing is not always true ... but well).

That said, nice track, sounds positive, optimistic. I hear in your projects that these are your first steps in the world of electronic music. So progress will come with experience.

Regarding the xylophone that introduces the track, there is a click to the certain notes. Is this an audio file used in AudioFileProcessor? If so, I get the impression that you have not activated the volume envelope (in the Envelope, Filter & LFO tab). I would advise going on the following values ​​to cancel this click without changing the length of the notes in the Piano-Roll:
- DEL = 0
- ATT = 0
- HOLD = 0
- DEC = 0
- SUST = 1

Otherwise (ie, if you do not activate the volume envelope), you can cancel these clicks by adjusting the length of notes in the Piano-Roll. For this, if your audio file lasts 1 second, you must have lengths of note worth 1 second (with experience, you will find that this last thing is not always true ... but well).

That said, nice track, sounds positive, optimistic. I hear in your projects that these are your first steps in the world of electronic music. So progress will come with experience.
Woah thank you very much for such enthusiastic and comprehensive feedback. Will go to the track and experience these adjustments right away and will notice to not committing the same mistakes again. xD, and indeed, can't escape a good ear that he recognizes my baby steps on joining the electronic music world.
Cheers <3
lilypopteam wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Regarding the xylophone that introduces the track, there is a click to the certain notes. Is this an audio file used in AudioFileProcessor? If so, I get the impression that you have not activated the volume envelope (in the Envelope, Filter & LFO tab). I would advise going on the following values ​​to cancel this click without changing the length of the notes in the Piano-Roll:
- DEL = 0
- ATT = 0
- HOLD = 0
- DEC = 0
- SUST = 1

Woah thank you very much for such enthusiastic and comprehensive feedback. Will go to the track and experience these adjustments right away and will notice to not committing the same mistakes again. xD, and indeed, can't escape a good ear that he recognizes my baby steps on joining the electronic music world.
Cheers <3
Do you fix the click appearing at the end of some notes? Is it better now?
(is the xilohpone an open sample in AudioFileProcessor?)

(I edited my original message, I forgot two words ...)
now I really pay attention to it I didn't use the AudioFileProcessor though .. hmm ..