Playing with samples and ambience

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://soundcloud.com/spugintrntl/this ... ll-anybody

I don't often use the sample tracks because they don't really fit with my usual style (or at least I don't usually have a use for them), but they seem to work really well for creating ambience, if you're using the right sounds. I had a lot of fun putting this together. Maybe this isn't the most original use of ambient sounds, but it appeals to me.

Side note: does anybody know why you can't rout the sample tracks through fx channels on the mixer? I feel like that would be really useful, but I don't know how technically challenging it would be.
As I heard the loud gong sound, at the start of the track, I thought it was
Mortal Kombat. :D

The way the instruments, sounds and melodies, were put together to make this
gives it quite a surreal, late evening sunset, creepy yet scary, horror vibe to it.

I would say, this track sounds complete.
All it needs for now, is just a bit more volume balancing and a few effects
to sharpen out, some of the sounds etc.

Overall, good work Foggy. This one has alot of creativity in it.
It's creatively scary. :D
Good industrial atmosphere. The heartbeat sounds good :)
You've won another follower :D

I always liked this sort of music, not this track you've shared in particular, but you have a lot other interesting tracks, even if most of them are simple (or so it seems). But you clearly have a good musical perspective / culture. I hope your technical skills in LMMS also grow with your practice, so you can keep producing more and better sounds ...

Keep rocking. :D
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:19 pm
Good industrial atmosphere. The heartbeat sounds good :)
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Listening to it on my phone, I can't hear the heartbeat over everything else (and the piano, too, is kinda muted). I might have to go with Brandy's recommendation and fiddle with the leveling a bit.
Canilho wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:48 pm
You've won another follower :D

I always liked this sort of music, not this track you've shared in particular, but you have a lot other interesting tracks, even if most of them are simple (or so it seems). But you clearly have a good musical perspective / culture. I hope your technical skills in LMMS also grow with your practice, so you can keep producing more and better sounds ...

Keep rocking. :D
Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like my tracks, and I appreciate the kind words. It's stuff like this that keeps me trying to improve. :mrgreen: