New hypnotic dark dance track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi,

here my new track, it's something strange and repetitive, but i like it!

https://soundcloud.com/davide-naldi-941 ... d-the-line

any comment will be appreciated,

Ciao
Davide
you apply some great effects on your sound.
I really would love to know how you do that.
For instance, the arpegios effects on the beggining plus the robot voice.
You have many interesting features in this song..
Hi Canilho,

thanks,

well, the intro arpeggio do not has any "external" effect but a little plate reverb: little distortion, delay and chorus are inside synth1 vst patch.
The "robot" voice is a sample of a real voice but detuned with with low frequency cutted. I played with that sample on delay effect( wet/dry value) in automation track.
Other effects on mixer master track like flanger and filter , moved in automation track.
Play, play and play again with that effects...may the Force be with you.

Ciao,

Davide
dave30814 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 pm
well, the intro arpeggio do not has any "external" effect but a little plate reverb: little distortion, delay and chorus are inside synth1 vst patch.
The "robot" voice is a sample of a real voice but detuned with with low frequency cutted. I played with that sample on delay effect( wet/dry value) in automation track.
Other effects on mixer master track like flanger and filter , moved in automation track.
I really need to acknowledge how some effects work. I also use reverb and delays (echo) on some of my tracks, with automation, but I'm really not familiarized with/when or why should I use any other effect, except for giving better atmosphere of the track.
It's like you said, I need to keep messing with the effects to understand them better.
A few days ago I got a little mad trying to get that famous track slowdown noise by making an automation of Bpm, but everything sounded the same. Then I realized that known effect was done by pitch shifting a saw noise. :D
I just listened to it. Awesome use of sounds and effects.
This tune..........sounds futuristically gooooood. 8-)
Thanks Brandystarbrite!