October Track!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey everyone,

Here's Airy:

https://soundcloud.com/insonico/airy

I wanted to do something kind of simple with this one. No chord changes, it's all in A major.

Also...
My girlfriend jokingly suggested I should do a Halloween track. And I actually did it. :D
It's completely over the top, but fun. It's called This Putrid Mess:

https://soundcloud.com/insonico/this-putrid-mess

Hope y'all enjoy them!
About the first one.
Well, it is already HARD to make good stuff with all chords, and a lot harder to keep it in the same note.
It is a nice exercise to try different things.

You kept adding more things with a few changes, and that doesn't hide the repetitions from start to end.
Also if you can't change the notes, you might change the instruments, the rhythm, add umpredictable items like the Horn sound that you put in the middle of the song. that was pleasing after hearing over and over the same pattern.

About the Halloween track:
Weird sound :D It does exactly what you meant. It is weird and scary. so good job on that.
Canilho wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:43 pm
About the first one.
Well, it is already HARD to make good stuff with all chords, and a lot harder to keep it in the same note.
It is a nice exercise to try different things.

You kept adding more things with a few changes, and that doesn't hide the repetitions from start to end.
Also if you can't change the notes, you might change the instruments, the rhythm, add umpredictable items like the Horn sound that you put in the middle of the song. that was pleasing after hearing over and over the same pattern.
Yeah that was kind of the challenge with it. To keep it interesting though not a lot of change would happen.
Canilho wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:43 pm
About the Halloween track:
Weird sound :D It does exactly what you meant. It is weird and scary. so good job on that.
Great! :evil:

Thanks for the comments!
Airy is a wonderful tune. Simple and lovely. :D
I like how you slightly changed up, a few things in the melody and beat, as the tune continued on.

This putrid mess - Sounds like a crazy, mix matched, scary, horror tune. :|
Especially when the later parts come in. You definitely achieved your goal here. :lol:
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:07 am
Airy is a wonderful tune. Simple and lovely. :D
I like how you slightly changed up, a few things in the melody and beat, as the tune continued on.
That was the idea with it. Glad you liked it. ;)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:07 am
This putrid mess - Sounds like a crazy, mix matched, scary, horror tune. :|
Especially when the later parts come in. You definitely achieved your goal here. :lol:
Great to hear! :evil: