New Computer, New Projects, New Motivation

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
So a couple days ago, I skipped a couple classes and bought myself a charger for this old Windows 7 computer my mom's friend gave me a while back. Worth it? That's not important. What's important is that I have new projects in the works. This one I created from a sample of a sample from a song called Sidestep by Crown City Rockers. I thought it sounded nice. It was supposed to be a 7/8 time beat for this song I'm writing about pregnancy. It evolved as I fiddled around and it is still the same 7/8 time beat just a lot more atmospheric and quiet than I had hoped. I would like your thoughts on what you did and did not enjoy about it so far, so that I may add or subtract things. However, this is not supposed to be a hype song, so 808 basses are out of the question. Here's a drive link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sRvZp ... C50o7eEka5
the black ryvius wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:28 am
So a couple days ago, I skipped a couple classes and bought myself a charger for this old Windows 7 computer my mom's friend gave me a while back. Worth it? That's not important. What's important is that I have new projects in the works. This one I created from a sample of a sample from a song called Sidestep by Crown City Rockers. I thought it sounded nice. It was supposed to be a 7/8 time beat for this song I'm writing about pregnancy. It evolved as I fiddled around and it is still the same 7/8 time beat just a lot more atmospheric and quiet than I had hoped. I would like your thoughts on what you did and did not enjoy about it so far, so that I may add or subtract things. However, this is not supposed to be a hype song, so 808 basses are out of the question. Here's a drive link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sRvZp ... C50o7eEka5
Okay. This track has an unusual mix, of dubstep and a slight distorted, scary, horror
sound style to it too. :)

A pregnancy song? Wow! That is quite an unusual topic for a sound track.

Okay. One thing I noticed, is that this track, needs a good volume raise though. :D
Yeah, I tried turning it up all the way and then I looked in Audacity and saw the problem. I had turned it down in order to place a metronome track to check the tempo. I had forgotten to turn it back up, so yeah..., On the bright side, it gave me the idea of making this a very silent, catatonic sounding beat. I feel this would fit the story I'm trying to go for moe so than the soft atmospheric sound I was originally going for. Anyway, I can accomplish this without sounding too quiet?

If there are any dubstep songs that sound like this, link me.
the black ryvius wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 am
On the bright side, it gave me the idea of making this a very silent, catatonic sounding beat. I feel this would fit the story I'm trying to go for moe so than the soft atmospheric sound I was originally going for. Anyway, I can accomplish this without sounding too quiet?
Yes you can.
Also, good warm pad sounds, might help bring out the feeling, you're trying to evoke
and make the track sound fuller too.

the black ryvius wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 am
If there are any dubstep songs that sound like this, link me.
Okay, if I find any I will link them here.