Fallout EP - release thread

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello all, it's been a while.

I'm back with a new EP! I've had a blast working on the tracks, I hope you enjoy them.

I'm releasing the tracks bi-weekly. I'll post updates to this thread when the other tracks go live! Once they are all public the album will be distributed to most online streaming and download platforms.

To start off, here's Return:
Whoops, forgot about this...

Songs 2 and 3 of this EP are now live! The 4th song has hit some unexpected delays and will not follow the same release interval.

Tempest:

Fallout:

(๑و•̀ω•́)و
Not entirely my taste of music, but I love how it is mixed. Well done :)
I love the piano sound at the end of Tempest! What Soundfont/VST did you use and did you do anything else to it in terms of mixing to make it sound so good?
Myrmidon wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:10 pm
I love the piano sound at the end of Tempest! What Soundfont/VST did you use and did you do anything else to it in terms of mixing to make it sound so good?
The piano is an Akai-Steinway soundfont. Beta 1.2RC LMMS equalizer and Ambience Reverb VST. Part of the sound comes from extensive humanization when sequencing it in the piano roll. Lots of velocity editing and slight timing shifts, I would say this part is actually more important than the base sound or the FX used.

Glad you like it!

Here is another demo of my particular setup:
https://clyp.it/rqyf5fjq
Stakeout Punch wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:46 pm
The piano is an Akai-Steinway soundfont. Beta 1.2RC LMMS equalizer and Ambience Reverb VST. Part of the sound comes from extensive humanization when sequencing it in the piano roll. Lots of velocity editing and slight timing shifts, I would say this part is actually more important than the base sound or the FX used.
Do you know where I could find a download link for the soundfont?
There is a massive 3.5GB soundfont compilation on Newgrounds, that is where I got it specifically. I don't know about a single download, sorry.
Stakeout Punch wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:40 pm
Hello all, it's been a while.

I'm back with a new EP! I've had a blast working on the tracks, I hope you enjoy them.

I'm releasing the tracks bi-weekly. I'll post updates to this thread when the other tracks go live! Once they are all public the album will be distributed to most online streaming and download platforms.
Return - Hey. This sounds really nice dude. :)

Tip: But I will admit, the change in volume, from 59 secs to 1:01 secs
was a bit too sudden and too abrupt. It went from medium volume to louder, in less
than a split second. If there was an automated volume build up, then it would have
worked better. But still, nice work dude. :)

Tempest has a really nice beat, and I dig that electro dubstep style too.

Fallout has a good beat and music.
I like how the (tom tom?) type percussion sounds, were used in this.
This EP is now available on Spotify, Bandcamp, and most other streaming/purchase platforms!

Spotify
Bandcamp